Chapter 29

Ross's POV

After helping Laura, I decided to go down to the basement for a bit and tune some guitars. Maybe write more music in the process. I made sure Laura was comfortable and had everything she needed so she wouldn't have to get up off the sofa.

Laura's POV

Ross would be back soon. He goes down to the basement to make sure all the instruments are tuned and ready for R5 rehearsals later on in the day.

I was given a warm blanket, some water, and the TV remote. All was quiet until I heard multiple footsteps coming down the stairwell, slightly making me jump.

Riker, Rocky, Rydel, and Ryland quickly hustled down the stairs together. At nearly the same time Ratliff came through the door looking excited but confused with his phone placed in his hand.

Riker had a phone in his hand, smiling from ear to ear. Everyone else looked...confused.

Rydel: "Riker what is it?"

Rocky: "Dude just tell us!"

Ryland: *Giving mixed expressions*

Ratliff: "Yeah. What's this text about?"

"Hey! What's going on guys?"

Silence suddenly filled the air. They all looked at me and back at Riker. Then me again.

Riker: "Oh um, just some band stuff. But uh, where's Ross?"

I sounded confused and furrowed my eye brows. "Ok...uh he's in the basement."

They scurried together down to the basement and whispered back to each other. I couldn't tell what they were saying.

I replayed Riker's words in my head multiple times. 'Band stuff?' What was that supposed to mean?

Ross's POV

I heard a number of whispers coming towards me. I looked up and saw my family. There expressions were confused and mixed with wonder and excitement.

Riker: "Ross! I'm glad I found you!"

"Huh?"

Rocky: *turns to Riker* "We've waited long enough dude!"

Riker: "Ok, ok! Well guys, our fan base has grown so Hollywood Records is offering us a national tour!"

There was jumping and excitement coming from my siblings. My excitement was cut short and turned into fear instead.

"Riker...when?"

"Oh yeah! Guys! We have a week to get ready. Tickets are already being sold out for fans and everything is already set. So you guys should start packing!"

So they went. Riker was the last to go but I pulled him back, a saddened expression set upon my face.

"What about Laura?"

Laura's POV

They came back up the stairs and I couldn't help but wonder why they were bouncing up and down. Smiles were plastered across each face as they excitedly ran up the stairs.

I am so confused right now.

Rydel's POV

I noticed Laura sitting on the couch, looking back at everybody running up the stairs. She looked curious and amused.

I led myself towards the couch and plopped on the seat next to her.

"How are you Laura?"

"Oh, um. I'm ok right now I suppose. I'm still recovering."

I nodded and was about to say something until she cut me off.

"Oh. I want to apologize for not actually 'sleeping over' with you. It's just Ross set me on HIS bed and I was so weak I-"

I chuckled. "No, no. It's okay Laura. I know if I had a boyfriend, I'd want to sleepover with him too!"

We both slightly laughed.

"Thanks Rydel. So, may I ask why everybody is so excited?"

Should I tell her? Ross would kill me if I did! But it would take a load off of his shoulders, right?

"Rydel!"

I snapped out of my thoughts and started to tell Laura what was going on.

"Um...Laura? Um, you know R5 and all the success we've been having since Austin and Ally right?"

Laura nodded. Fully focused on the conversation.

"Well, with that success comes more fans. With a bigger fan base comes more shows and uh, we've been given an opportunity to grow that fan base."

"Opportunities? Like going on a, a-"

"...a national tour."

I felt like I can actually see Laura's heart break as she started to tear up.

I softly spoke. "L-Laura..."

She slowly grabbed her crutches and stood up with one in each hand.

She started to hop away with them and headed towards the door. I stood up and almost blocked the doorway until she turned to say something. She was hurt. Not only physically, but now emotionally. I could tell by the way she looked and the way she barely spoke her words.

"I-I'll be back..."