Chapter 15

Laura's POV

I couldn't help but smile when I laid down in bed that night. I felt happy, giddy, and mostly excited. I was wide awake which means I needed to find a way to relax and sleep. I disciplined myself over the years to go to bed around 10:30, no later than 11. Proper sleep was needed daily, trust me. If I over sleep, or under sleep you do NOT want to be around me in the mornings.

I slumped out of the comfort of my bed and instead of risking falling down the stairs, I decided to take a pillow and 'slide' down.

Every few seconds I would slowly slide down each step.

*thump* *thump* *thump*

It took a couple minutes more than I would've liked but hey, it's better than being hurt and having to explain to people how clumsy I am! It was worth it.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a glass and poured some milk in it. I proceeded by warming up the milk in the microwave and finished it in less than a minute.

My mom always told me when I was younger that every time I had trouble sleeping she would give me a glass of warm milk and I fell asleep like a baby.

*Yawn* I trudged back upstairs and got under the covers of my cozy bed and in a matter of seconds I was out.

*2:30 am*

~*.~* Laura's Dream ~*.~*

*Ross and Laura were in Ross's room*

Ross: "Laura! Why are you doing this to me?!" He was yelling.

Laura: "What are you talking about?! What did I ever do to you, huh?! Why are you yelling at me?"

Ross: "You're killing me Laura!" Tears were stinging at his eyes,"Why won't you let me LOVE YOU!!?"

Laura: "Ross...stop! Please! I don't like seeing you upset!"

Ross: "I thought you trusted me! I thought you wanted me Laura! I thought you wanted...us." He shook his head and headed out the door with tears streaming down his face.

~*.~*. End of Dream ~*.~*.

My heart started beating faster than it ever has before as I stood up straight in my bed, looking around the room and realizing where I was at. I looked at the clock: 2:35 am.

That had to be the worst dream/nightmare I've ever had. I was shaking as the cool breeze from my window came over me. I was also shaking because I realized how scared I was at the moment. I noticed I had a few tears streaming down my face and I quickly wiped them away.

Calm down Laura, it was only a dream.

A very bad one.

I mentally reflected over the dream. I can't believe that I would actually hurt my best friend like that. But wouldn't that be how I would react if it had happened in real life?

I'm guessing the dream was supposed to be Ross trying to get me to be "more than friends" with him and me, being stubborn as a mule, was there being guarded and so closed up I didn't even give him a chance.

I felt a rush of fresh tears well up in my eyes and instead of holding them back, I just decided it would be best to let them all out, right here and right now. So I sat there silently crying. Self criticizing myself for being selfish and how my stupid guard is so high it keeps me from giving people a chance. Giving love a chance and most importantly, giving Ross a chance.

It's time to be brave and take a chance. To start trusting. Fear is not going to get in the way. Not this time.