Chapter 17

Ross's POV

Riker pulled up to the parking lot across the street from set.

"All set buddy?"

I was halfway out the car,"Yeah! Thanks for the ride Riker! I'll text you if I need a ride home."

He gave me a thumbs up as I closed the door and he drove off. I looked at my watch: 7:50. I had about 10 minutes left. Phew.

As I walked through the doors I started getting all of this nervous energy built up. Well that never happens or has happened before. I'm probably just excited to see everyone.

I brought a bag with me for my lunch. I also brought a brush, some cologne, and a jacket (where I stored everything).

Right before I turned the handle to my dressing room I heard Laura's voice.

"Ross!" She smiled and continued to come closer to me.

I couldn't help but smile,"Oh hey Laura! How are-"

Before I could finish, she had her arms wrapped snuggly around my torso. Not too tight and not too lose. It felt...nice! It gave me a warm feeling inside and my stomach started to twist. I wondered if I ever gave her that same feeling too.

I don't think I've ever given her a bear hug before but they are definitely better than those lame side hugs. We kept our arms around each other for what seemed like forever but it was shortly ended when we pulled away at the same time.

Laura's POV

Did I just give him a bear hug? Wow, I even surprised myself. Not sure where I got the confidence to do that! Aren't those the kind of hugs couples give each other? I might be wrong, but it felt intimate. It made me feel fuzzy and safe. Like those arms are the ones I belong in.

I vanished the thoughts and focused on the conversation.

I was sort of zoning out but kept the conversation going. Obviously I was still smiling,"So Ross! How are you?"

He stuttered as he answered,"Oh um, yeah! I-I'm good. The uh shows we played were pretty awesome! How are you?"

He usually didn't act this way around me. "Ok then. Well that's good! I'm glad you had a good time. Oh and I just sort of stayed home and relaxed." I sort of chuckled after that.

"Oh well that's cool too! Um, aren't we supposed to be at the table read right now?"

He was right. "Oh, yeah! Shoot! Let's go, they're probably waiting for us!"

I guess he picked up on my worried tone,"Calm down Laura! I'll explain."

We hurried in the doors together almost out of breath. I was right. The staff and cast were definitely waiting for us. They were in their own conversations and once we both walked in, all eyes were on us.

Ross blurted out,"I can explain! And it won't happen again! Please forgive us!"

One staff member responded with a smile on his face,"Chill, it's ok! Just don't let it happen again."

A director prompted us to sit down. I sat next to Raini and Ross sat with Calum on the other side of the table. We both pulled out our scripts and both Ross and I had guilt written all over our faces as we both looked down.

As we were flipping through our scripts I looked up a bit and saw Calum whispering something to Ross as Ross gave him a puzzled look. At the same time I felt someone nudge me in the elbow. It was Raini who was giving me a suspicious look, both eyebrows raised. Oh great. I know what this meant.