Chapter 35

Ross's POV

The day has nearly come to an end. The endless hours of packing and organizing was finally over.

The whole family plus Laura were sprawled out on the living room floor, exhausted.

The room was filled with heavy breathes and silence until Rocky spoke up.

"Hey guys! Let's watch a movie and eat some nice, refreshing ice cream! Who's in?!"

Everyone on the floor simply raised their hands in agreement and slowly but surely took spots on the couch while waiting for Rocky with the bowls of ice cream.

Five minutes later and there was a movie up on our screen. My brothers actually sometimes enjoyed those cliché movies and so they let Rydel pick.

Laura's POV

Gosh. I was so exhausted. I may have only carried a few boxes but, dang, were those boxes heavy!

Rydel put in a movie. A really sappy one too. 'Dear John' by that author, Nicholas Sparks. I sighed. Whatever, I guess I could handle most of the cliché moments.

I was cuddled up with Ross near the end of the couch with his arm around me. Mmm. How I'm going to miss moments like these.

There was a scene in the movie where the girl would write letters to John as he was away. It was sweet but, it made me sad. I felt Ross's eyes upon me as my facial expression changed. It's like he knew what I was thinking.

The rest of the Lynches were asleep, basically knocked out. He whispered over to me,"Laura, are you okay?"

I gently nodded my head and looked down hesitantly.

"I know you're not okay. Come with me."

He shuffled to his feet and took my hand. Before I knew it, I was led into his backyard. It was dark, quiet, and cold. Fairly peaceful, nonetheless.

"Laura, I want to show you something."

"What is it?"

"Look up. What's the one thing you see?"

"Um, the moon?"

"Exactly. When I'm gone on tour, I want you to look at the moon every night. I'll be looking too. We'll be looking at the same moon in the same world at the same time. In a weird sense, we'll be connecting."

I met his gaze. "Wow Ross, that's beautiful. I've never seen the moon in that way. I'll remember that."

"You should. It's something my grandpa taught me. Sense most of my family is back home, it's easy to miss them but when I look at the moon, it's not so bad."

I saw his smile land upon me. I smiled too. I gently leaned in and pecked his lips.

"Thank you."

I started to walk away when he squeezed my arm.

"Laura, wait. W-Will you dance with me? Please?"

I smiled brightly,"Of course I will. We need music though."

"I have the perfect song."

It was One Last Dance by R5. The words perfectly described what was about to happen, how I felt.

So wait up, wait up.

Give me one more chance.

To make up, make up.

I just need one last dance

With you.

The song was over but we were still swaying with each other. No words were needed. It was the perfect ending to a bittersweet night.

My parents gave me permission to sleepover at the Lynch's. So I did!

The next morning came and I was awaken to the sound of multiple footsteps going up and down the stairs.

There was a warm breath on my nose and I slowly opened my eyes.

"Ahh! R-Ross! What are you doing?"

His face was literally centimeters away from mine.

"Waiting for you to get up! Come on!"

He kissed my nose and dragged me out of bed.

More instruments and bags were being loaded onto the bus by the Lynch family as I spent time with Ross downstairs.

An hour later and it was time for them to head off.

My arms wrapped around Ross's neck.

He was first to speak,"T-This isn't goodbye..."

"No. No it's not. We're just saying 'see ya later'."

I smiled and as soon as I tilted my head down, he picked it up and kissed me passionately.

"Hey, look at me. It's going to be okay. I promise. Oh, here."

He handed me a map. It located every place he would be playing at in order.

"Thanks. Now I'll know where you are."

"Exactly."

Suddenly we hear Stormie.

"Come on everybody! The bus won't load itself!"

"I'll see you soon baby, I promise."

One more hug and one last passionate kiss and he was gone.

I watched the bus slowly roll away and once out of site, I ran home and into my room.

I got on my laptop and whispered to myself, "Oh don't worry, you'll see me sooner than you think."