Chapter 8

Ross's POV

That afternoon I came home to an empty house. The rest of my family was on a plane, heading to Chicago for the next few days. We have some concerts to play over the weekend but sometimes our family likes to get settled in a hotel a couple days before. I was catching up with them after set on Friday. I went upstairs to my room and plopped on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I needed time to think about my conversation with Laura. I started questioning myself. Did I go too far? Does she actually trust me? I wondered if she actually stopped worrying about it or if I actually just made things worse.

I decided to put the rest of my thoughts aside for now and just see how shes doing tomorrow.

On that note, I got some stuff packed for Friday and I got ready for bed and snuggled up in my covers. I tried to sleep but I couldn't..."ahh! Thats why" I blurted out. Since I didn't have a girl to cuddle with, I had to settle for something else for now . A teddy bear. Only my siblings know about my stuffed bear. They laugh at me sometimes but knowing the hopeless romantic I am, they understand my need. I reached over, grabbed my teddy, and pulled it close to my chest. The bear wasn't as warm and sweet smelling as a girl would be, but it filled my void and gave me something to hold on to. I gave my bear a kiss on top of it's furry head and smiled while drifting off to sleep.

I woke up the next morning around 6:30. *Yawn* I was tired but excited for our last run of rehearsals. After I got dressed, ate breakfast, and brushed my teeth it was only 7:10. I wanted to be at set at 8 but I still had time to kill. That's when I had a very spontaneous idea...

Laura's POV

So here I was, not wanting to wake up until 7:30 since I stayed up pretty late last night texting Raini. I know I should get up earlier but last night I decided I would just wear a tank top and some yoga pants to make the morning easy for me. I had a balcony just outside my big tall glass window. I flickered my eyes open for a few seconds realizing there was morning sunlight shining through my curtain. I just ignored it and looked at the clock: 7:20. I still need those 10 minutes. I shut my eyes and put the blanket over my head. At the same time I heard a car door shut. Hmm, must be my mom.

*thud* "huh?" *thud* "what the..."

There was a sound like rain drops against my window pane. I know for sure it's supposed to be sunny today. Then it hit me. Is someone throwing something at my window?!

"Ugh! 10 minutes! That's all I'm asking for here!" I grunted.

I threw the covers off me and stomped out of bed angrily towards the window. I was right! There was about 6 or 7 small pebbles laying on the balcony. I opened my sliding glass window and went over to the edge of the balcony and looked down.

"...ROSS?!" What was he thinking? Probably a spontaneous idea he had. Oh Ross. But I have to admit, throwing pebbles at my window was actually really sweet. It probably wasn't the most considerate thing for him to do in the morning when I'm trying to sleep but it was new and different and made the day start off fresh and exciting. That's when my anger turned into excitement, happiness, and wonder.