Chapter 18

Laura's POV

I had my eyes on Raini as her eyebrows were still raised towards me. I just looked back down and tried to focus on what was going on. She knew my facial expression was one of guilt and that meant she would go all "Sherlock Holmes" on me after we were finished. Wonderful.

After everyone was focusing on the script, my neck started to tense up from looking down. I casually put my hair to the side and rubbed my neck. As I looked up, I caught Ross looking at me!

As soon as I met his eyes he shyly looked away and started rubbing his own neck. I think I even made him blush too!

I decided to slightly look up at him to see if he would do it again.

Ross's POV

When I saw Laura pull her hair to the side and rub her neck, I don't know. It sort of turned me on! Every little thing that she does just makes me want her even more. The way she laughs, the way she smiles, the way she doesn't care what other people think of her. Everything.

I realized she noticed I was looking at her and I shyly looked away. Well I hope she doesn't think I'm a creep now.

I concentrated on the script for about 20 seconds til I slowly looked up again. I couldn't help it. What came to my surprise was that she was already looking at me!

Once she saw me glance at her she quickly looked down. I smirked and shook my head.

Laura's POV

To my surprise, he looked at me again! But this time he was the one who caught me looking. Whoops. I blushed and quickly looked down at the script. But 5 seconds later I slightly glanced up for the last time and saw him smirking at me with one eyebrow raised. I couldn't help but smile.

Instead of looking down right away I held his gaze for more than a few seconds and he did the same. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks and I'm pretty sure they were flushed by now. I have never felt so many emotions at once! I felt a rush of adrenaline as he gazed at me more intensely. I decided to do the same and I think I made him blush more than before. This is actually pretty fun!

I may not be an expert on relationships but right now, holding his gaze here and there, it was like we were...flirting. With our eyes. I've never flirted with ANYONE before!

Raini's POV

I got suspicious of Laura when she kept looking up and down from the script.

I looked over to her out of the corner of my eye. She was almost as red as a tomato! Not only that, but she kept biting her bottom lip. It was almost like she was trying hard not to smile.

*Clink* I heard something drop. Oh, my pen! I reached down to get it and my mouth basically dropped at that point.

Laura was shyly swinging her leg back and forth and Ross was doing the same. Their feet randomly touched each other here and there. Are they playing footsies?! Woah. Ok, we definitely need to talk like, now.

Thankfully the table read was over. As everyone stood up, I tugged Laura's arm towards me and sat her back down.

Laura's POV

I plopped back down in my seat as Raini tugged on my arm.

"What was that for? You could've just called my name!"

She could care less if I was mad.

"You need to talk Laura. You've been acting really strange lately and it would be nice to know what's going on."

I responded while rolling my eyes,"Pshhh...whhhaaatt? Pshh, acting strange? Yeah, ok Raini. Pshh."

I started to stand up and instead of being pulled back down, Raini stood up with me, pulled me into her dressing room, and locked the door.

She didn't look too pleased. She crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows.

Well I guess there's no hiding from the truth now. She didn't know that I had a mini crush on him. Shoot! We've been so busy I didn't even update her since filming! My bad.

"Look Raini, I know I haven't updated you in a while but, I sort of decided to let my guard down. Just enough to have a mini crush on him for now. I want to stop running away from love and you know, give him a chance in the near future!"

I smiled as I finished and I saw Raini go from suspicious to all-knowing. She smirked and chuckled,"Wow Laura! I'm proud of you! It was that kiss, wasn't it?"

I blushed,"Maybe..."

"Wow! This is SO exciting! Aww! Let me guess, all that stuff you were doing at the table read...like looking up over and over and turning into a tomato..."

*She gasp suddenly* "OMG! Laura Marano?! We're you...FLIRTING?!" You should've seen the excitement plastered all over her face.

"Why yes! I guess I was!" I suddenly started smiling and being the girls we are, Raini and I started dancing and jumping up and down with our hands linked.

This day couldn't get possibly any better!

And I guess I got to have my mini party after all!