Chapter 32

Laura's POV

"Laura!"

I didn't reply to his call. Instead, I stood there with my arms crossed seeing what he would do next.

I'll admit I was being stubborn. Probably not the best idea.

He knocked twice more and called me again.

"Laura, I know you're in there! Please let me in..."

I almost turned the knob a couple minutes later but I decided not too. I needed some more time.

There was no sound of Ross on the other side. Did he leave?

Ross's POV

Well, if she wants to play the silent treatment with me, fine.

Hmm.

I found a scrap of paper beside the door and decided to write a short message on it. After I was finished, I slipped it under the door.

Now I wait.

Laura's POV

Just as I was about to check if he was still there, a small piece of paper slid under the door.

I picked it up and read it to myself.

"Roses are red, violets are blue. I admit I was wrong. Can you please let me explain it to you?"

Well, I don't have an argument for that one. I guess I can't run away from my problems forever.

Ross's POV

Instead of receiving a note response, the knob turned on the door and Laura's head peeked through it.

She stood back with her arms crossed as I came in and shut the door behind me.

"Look, I was talking to Rydel and I think I know why you're upset."

She tilted her head slightly. "You do?"

"Um, yeah. I didn't realize I was being negative and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you."

"Well thanks. I accept. Everything you said back there is everything I've already thought about. About us. That's what I'm most upset about. Well, my biggest fear that is."

She tried to muster up a smile and a laugh. But she was trying too hard and that's how I knew it was fake.

Her eyes told me everything.

I came closer to her and placed one hand gently around her neck and the other one caressing the other side of her face.

My voice was in a whisper. "Laura, you know that nobody could replace you. No one. Let's make a promise to not worry about us and our relationship, together. Okay?"

She nodded her head and looked down so I lifted her chin and pressed my lips gently but passionately to hers. She kissed back with the same passion and I could feel the electricity throughout my body. We parted and I saw her smile. That genuine smile. It lifted to her eyes. It feels so wonderful knowing I'm the one who caused that to happen.

Before another thought passed by she wrapped her arms snugly around my torso and I wrapped mine around her shoulders.

I smiled and asked, "So we're good?"

"Yeah! We're good. Thanks Ross." She bit her lip and walked away shyly blushing.

The rest of the day was relaxing and care-free. Laura took it easy and the rest of my family decided to do the same. We all watched a movie together and conversed about silly stories from the past. I'm real happy they decided to spend time with Laura too.

Laura's POV

The gang brought up the excitement of the tour as well but, you know, I'm truly happy for them. It makes me sad, yes, but I know they've worked hard to earn this.

The day slowly came to an end and tonight I decided I would sleep with Rydel. I did flake on her last night so it's only fair to make it up.

As I rested, my headache was more at ease and my leg wasn't in as much pain as I thought it would be! At least I won't be in total agony when we film tomorrow.

*Next Morning*

7:30 a.m.

I sat up and yawned to the sound of an alarm clock. I almost immediately turned it off. I cannot tell you how much I hate alarm clocks! SO annoying!

Anyways, I gathered up all my clothes and pillows and basically stuffed them in the bags I brought. Scattered and in a hurry, I grabbed an outfit then changed quickly.

I tried not to make much noise as everyone was pretty much still asleep. I heard another pair of footsteps outside the door, realizing it was Ross probably getting ready too.

I quietly shuffled (and hopped away) with my stuff towards the door and opened it. My breathe was caught short as I saw Ross in only his plaid boxers standing there with some clothes in his hand.

I gave a timid smile and felt a blush coming on so I tilted my head forwards and started to walk as quickly as possible so he wouldn't notice. I heard him whisper as I passed by.

"I see you Laura!"

I just shook my head and smiled even more.

I can't hide anything from that Ross Shor Lynch boy!