Chapter 39

Laura's POV

I thought about it. Should I?

"I don't know Ross. How am I supposed to trust you?"

He looked at me eagerly.

"We'll start over."

"Okay..."

He softly caressed my cheek with his soft lips and slowly pulled away.

"Thank you. We're gonna make us work. I promise."

I nodded. That's all good and such, but what now?

"So what happens next?"

He scratched his head. "I really don't know. I mean, today's my last day in LA and then I'm back on tour for 2 more months..."

2 more months?! You've got to be kidding me.

Ross stood up and placed his hands on his hips. "You know what, no. I'm not letting this tour tear us apart."

"So how-"

"Shh. Come on, get your bags ready. I want you to finish the rest of the tour with me."

"But what about...and what if..." I started to ramble on about leaving my friends and family and having enough clothes and blah blah blah. Basically stating all the possible things that could go wrong cause hey, you never know!

"Laura, you're overthinking this! Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith and just go for it."

I sighed. "Fine. But are you sure your family won't mind?"

"Of course not! Don't worry about it. Besides, Rydel won't have to be the only girl on the bus anymore. That'll be a relief!"

I slightly chuckled. I can only imagine what crazy things the boys put her through. Haha.

I guess I was lost in thought because the next thing I know Ross was tapping me on the shoulder.

"Well...what are you waiting for? Come on!"

I went to my room and he followed.

I had him fold some of my clothes while making small talk. I was about to hand him one of my shirts until I stumbled (like the clumsy girl I am) over my suitcase.

Before I had the chance to scream, I felt a pair of strong hands embracing my waist. My hands were gripping his shoulders and I was breathing heavy. I didn't realize how close our faces were to each other until I felt his breath over my bare skin. We both leaned in at the same time almost instinctively but right when our lips touched I backed away.

"W-We can't be doing this."

I could tell his face dropped slightly.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry."

We can't kiss like everything's okay, because it's not.

I stood up and brushed down the wrinkles in my shirt.

"I'm sorry too but, I can't just give you what you want like that."

He nodded. "I know. I have to earn you back. It's not going to be easy because I know how stubborn you are."

I turned around to face him as I was sorting clothes in my closet. He was trying not to smile, I could tell.

I gave him a 'really?' look and threw a pair of socks at him.

He chuckled slightly. "What was that for?"

"For calling me 'stubborn'!"

Ross took the socks and chucked them back at my head.

"Thats for BEING stubborn!"

Clutching the pair of socks, I threw them once more.

"Very funny."

Before we could break out into some kind of clothing war, his phone rang.

"Hello?...oh okay. Yeah, I'll be there soon...okay bye."

"Who was it?"

"Riker. My fam wants to know how much longer they have to wait for me. They want to go into downtown LA or something."

"Oh, okay well uh, I think I'm done packing."

"Cool. Let's go then."

Rydel's POV

I'm not sure where Ross went but he better be back here soon! There's a shop that I must attend to! 50% off all items!!

Five minutes later I saw a car appear in the driveway. I could tell it was Ross from a distance by his beach blond hair. I could also recognize-. Wait, is that, Laura?! Is she coming to say hello? Or... ~fantasizes~ shop with me??? ~end of fantasy~

By the end of my daydream, Laura was already five feet away so I greeted her. She was excited and happy. Huh. That's definitely the opposite to how she was feeling last night.

"Before you say anything. I have some big news!"

I smiled and eagerly awaited to hear what she had to say.

"I'm staying with you guys the rest of the tour!"

We hugged and screamed and basically danced around the parking lot.

After we were done, I told the rest of the family and they celebrated with her. Rocky and Riker helped with her luggage as well. Ross was standing against the back of the bus with his hands in his pockets. I quietly approached him.

"Hey."

"Oh, hey sis." He seemed hesitant like he didn't know what to say.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted towards you. You were right about everything. I didn't mean-"

"No no. No need to explain. I understand. Right, wrong, it doesn't matter what I was. What matters to me is that you're happy. That's all I want."

I smiled and he smiled back. We then gave a brief hug to each other before parting.

"So I see you talked to Laura. Are you guys good now?"

He stood up a little straighter. "Not exactly. She's still hurt about what I did so I have to earn her trust back. But..."

He smiled. "Things are definitely headed in the right direction."