|13|

The winter formal was coming up and everyone had a date except Emily, or at least that's what she thought.

"Hey babe, what color are you wearing for the formal?" Montgomery asked hugging Emily from behind. "Uh, is this your way to ask me out to the winter formal?" she asked turning around.

"Um yeah, why?" Montgomery rubbed his neck and Emily scoffed. "You'll have to do better than that if you want to know what color I'm wearing" with that she gave him a quick kiss and left him standing there.

Montgomery smirked and nodded. He saw Sheri passing by and he stopped her.

"Sheri, babe I need your help" he informed. "With what?" she asked confused.

"I'm asking Emily out to the winter formal-" Sheri gasped excited and offended at the same time. "What the hell De La Cruz? You're like really late" Sheri scoffed.

"Right, as I was saying, creating is not one of my many talents so can you help me?" She nodded and Montgomery smirked. "Meet me during study hall at the library" she said and walked away.

The bell rang indicating study hall period Montgomery walked to the library and saw an excited Sheri with things on her hands.

"Let's do this," she exclaimed "since we don't have that much materials here we will make this simple" she added making a face.

Emily was in the courtyard studying for her test, she found weird that Montgomery wasn't with her but let it go. She needed to focus on her review.

**
Lunch period came and Emily was so tired, that test had drained her. She sat down at her usual spot and started eating.

"Where's Montgomery?" Jeff asked sitting next to her. "I don't know, not his nanny just his girlfriend, the one that hasn't been asked out yet!" Emily exclaimed.

"Sucks to be you. I already asked Sheri out" he said smiling. "Are you two a thing?" she asked confused.

"Oh no. She's just a friend or something" Jeff said and Emily snickered. "'Or something', I'm dead" Emily giggled causing Jeff to chuckle.

Sheri tapped Emily's shoulder and she turned around to see her and the cheer squad and behind them Montgomery.

"Yes?" She asked confused. The cheer squad move to the side leaving Montgomery in the middle with a poster that read: 'Hey batter step up to the plate and be my date to formal?'

"I thought this would be a better way to ask you to formal" he said by now everyone in the cafeteria was looking at them. "It is" Emily smiled walking towards him.

"So will you now tell me what color are you wearing for the formal?" Montgomery asked. Emily kissed him and he kissed back pulling her closer. The cafeteria erupted in cheers. Emily separated from his lips and whispered "Black."

"I went through all of this so you could tell me that's your color, you're something else baby girl" he chuckled and hugged her.

**