|11|

She picked up the phone and called him it was probably 3am in New York. 'He won't answer' Emily thought.

"What?" Josh spatted it was clear that she woke him up. "Hey J" Emily whispered.

"Emily, what time it is?" He groaned annoyed. "It's only three over there" Emily responded.

Josh scoffed "bye," he hanged up. Emily called again.

"Emily, what!" Josh yelled. "I'll go with you" Emily said calmly.

Emily heard Josh shifting in his bed. "You wake me up at three in the morning to tell me you will go with me," he scoffed "you could've texted me, you know" he added.

"I also wanted to talk to you" she whispered. "This better be very important, Emily. It's three in the morning" he whined.

"Do you know why we broke up?" she added seating on the floor.

"Yes! What the hell Emily? We broke up because you decided to be a bitch about us," he exclaimed "thanks for the reminder" he whispered.

"Do you want to know why?" She whispered. "Why we broke up, Emily? Please enlighten me" he sighed.

"Remember the last party we went together, something happened" she said. "Yeah, of course something happened! We had an argument and the next day you broke up with me" he scoffed.

"I didn't wanted you to look at me with pity" Josh was confused. "What are you talking about?" He questioned.

"Remember Phoebe's brother?" She asked back. "Barely" he tried to remember.

"H-he um he..." Emily started crying. "Em, what happened?" Josh asked concerned.

"He raped me, Josh" Emily whispered and Josh didn't say anything. "See? This is why I never told you."

"Emily you should've told me, you don't even know the grudge I've held to you since you left me. You pushed me away, Emily. Why are you telling me this now?" Josh sighed.

"Because I remember what happened that night. Because I have to see him every single day. Because I don't want my boyfriend to know who did this. Because I don't know what to do with my life right now" she started sobbing.

"Emily, baby don't cry everything is going to be okay. You have me, Maggie and your boyfriend. I'm here for you, please Emily don't push me away again" he whispered gently.

"I won't" she took a deep shaky breath. "Emily, I'm so sorry for not being there for you. I'm sorry for what I said. I was hurt and I didn't understood why you left me" He apologized.

"J, is fine don't worry about it. I get it" Emily cleaned her face. "I'll let you go back to sleep" she added.

"I never stopped caring and asking for you, you know. I'll always love you deeply" he sighed. "I know, Maggie told me. I care about you deep down too. Goodnight" she hung up and went downstairs to take a glass of water.

***
She woke up with a headache for crying last night. She finished fixing herself up and walked downstairs and saw that her mom was sitting drinking her coffee.

"Are we still eating tonight?" Her mom asked taking a glance at her. "Of course!" Emily exclaimed and kissed her cheek.

 "Of course!" Emily exclaimed and kissed her cheek