Chapter Fourty Nine: The News

Ji Hyo and Gary did not see each other for several months, however they continued to talk daily over the phone.  It killed Gary not to be with Ji Hyo, but he knew it was for the best for now that they live separate lives.

Gary occupied his lonely nights by going to clubs and drinking his troubles away.  Although he was constantly surrounding himself with beautiful women, none of them could live up to Ji Hyo.  After a night of partying, dancing, drinking and socializing, he always came home to a quiet and empty home.  He always thought to himself, how long will he be able to continue to live this kind of lifestyle.  There comes a time in a man's life that he will need to settle down and begin to live a life at a much slower pace.  The problem was, he didn't know when was the right time for him to settle down.  All he knew that presently, he has everything that money could possibly buy but there's one thing money can't buy and that is love.  He felt something was missing in his life and that he felt hollow inside knowing he could not shake off that feeling of loneliness.

Ji Hyo on the other hand, did not have time to think about being lonely, as she was too preoccupied with her growing pregnancy and the success and popularity of her TV drama. She and Gary were still on friendly terms and she informs him daily on how her pregnancy was coming along. 

Soon it would be time for Ji Hyo to reveal the father of her baby.  She only told a few people that Gary was the father of her child.  Until now, nobody knew the truth of her pregnancy.  Ji Hyo covered her tracks when she was in the hospital.  She knew that the hospital could not expose personal information regarding her stay in the hospital because it would break the doctor/patient confidentiality rule. 

When Ji Hyo reached a certain milestone of her pregnancy, she informed Gary that she was going to go to the doctor to find out the sex of the baby.

"Oppa, I will be going to the doctor soon and they will let me know what is the sex of the baby...would you like to know too or would you rather I keep it from you and be surprised instead?"

"Ji Hyo, I want to be there...can't I be there for even that?" he pleaded.

"Please Ji Hyo...this could be the only time I will be able to experience this moment with you...please Ji Hyo, let me come with you for this one doctor's visit...I'm begging you for the sake of our child...let me be right by your side when she informs us whether we will be having a little boy or girl....please Ji Hyo....please, don't take this from me?" he pleaded again as his eyes started to water up.

"I will make arrangements for you to be with me during that visit," Ji Hyo softly replied back.

"Thank you, Ji Hyo...saranghe...saranghe." Gary said happily.

Due to their celebrity status, Ji Hyo's doctor cancelled all her other appointments for that day, so Ji Hyo and Gary may have a private session with her in order to find out the sex of their baby.  She even let her secretary take a day off for that day.

After months of being separated, Gary was very happy to see Ji Hyo for the first time and in full pregnancy form.  The minute he walked in to the doctor's office, Ji Hyo got up from her seat and hugged Gary will all her might.  He eagerly returned her hug.  The doctor escorted both of them to the examination room.  Gary held Ji Hyo's hand as the doctor did an ultra sound on her.  She let them know that everything was fine so far and the baby looks healthy.  Then she proceeded by letting them hear the heartbeat of the baby and then finally the results of the baby's sex.

"Congratulations...your going to be parents to a baby boy."

"Gary stumbled a few steps back, elated to find out he is going to have a son who will carry on his name and legacy as a hip hop artist....Words couldn't express his excitement over the news he was going to have a son....he thanked the doctor for the wonderful news and then he planted a big kiss on Ji Hyo on the lips...he thanked her for allowing him to be there to hear the good news."

The doctor wanted to give them some time alone, so she excused herself out of the room.  Gary was elated after finding out the sex of their baby.

"Ji Hyo I'm so happy we are having a son....thank you, thank you for giving me a son!"

After the wonderful news that they will be having a baby boy, Gary began to wonder about something.  He asked Ji Hyo, "what will you do now that you are beginning to really show?...how will you break the news to the media regarding your pregnancy?...you can't hide it any longer...what will you do?"

"Oppa, I will let some people know that I had been secretly seeing someone and that he had no ties to the entertainment industry.  I will also let the media know that it was during my early stages of pregnancy that I was sadly informed of his untimely death while on a business trip to Vietnam."

Gary was surprised how JI Hyo already came up with an action plan on how to address the issue regarding the father of their child.  It sounded like a good story that people could accept so Gary agreed with her plan.

"Ji Hyo, I want to be there when you deliver our son," Gary said.

"Oppa, how can that be?"

"I have to be with you...you can't shut me out of our child's birth," Gary said.

Just then the doctor comes back in the room and heard the last statement Gary made to Ji Hyo.

"Sorry for the interruption...if you want to be there for the birth of your child, we can make arrangements for her to have a c-section when she is close to her delivery date.  I will clear my calendar of any appointments that day so you may deliver in private" said the doctor.

Gary was in full agreement to this and thanked the doctor.  He also told her, he would make a huge donation to the hospital for her act of kindness towards them.

Before Gary said goodbye to Ji Hyo, he handed her a little gray box.

"I wanted to give this to you earlier but I never found the time to give it to you but I think this would be the best time for you to have it," Gary lovingly said.

Ji Hyo looked at Gary and then she opened the box.  Inside was a gold, heart shape locket. When Ji Hyo opened the locket, their was a divider inside the locket where you can put two pictures inside. Gary engraved something inside the left side of the locket and then inserted a picture of himself on the front of the divider and a picture of Ji Hyo on the back side of the divider.  There was one more space left in the back inside of the locket for a picture of their baby. Gary engraved the following inside the locket: Our Love Forever, Gary. 

Ji Hyo began to cry.  She hugged Gary and thanked him for the beautiful locket.  While hugging Ji Hyo, Gary whispered in her ear, "don't give up on me, I will make you officially mine now and forever."

Hearing him still continue to confess his love for her, made her smile happily in his arms. Her only thoughts at that moment were sheer joy of happiness that their strong love for each other, brought a son into their lives.