Chapter One: Destiny

A fanfictional love story of Monday Couple Kang Gary and Song Ji Hyo, from the popular Korean Variety Show Running Man.

Kang Gary and Gil from the popular hip hop group Leessang had just won the prize for the Christmas episode of Running Man. They celebrated their win by throwing a lavished dinner party for their team member and guest who participated in the holiday episode. The dinner celebration was held at Kang Gary's home. Although Song Ji Hyo attended the dinner celebration, she had distanced herself away from the other team members. She couldn't get over the surprise results of what happened to Kang Gary at the end of the holiday episode.

Song Ji Hyo cannot forget how worried and concerned she was when Kang Gary did not meet her at the Café he recommended them to meet. This café brought good and bad memories for Kang Gary as it was the place where he was sad when his Monday girlfriend betrayed him to be in another team's group in one of the episodes of running man. It was also a place where he was happy in another episode of running man where she ended up showing a more affectionate side to their "platonic or one sided" relationship.

(during the Christmas holiday episode)

When Kang Gary did not meet up with her that day at the café, she started to wonder if he was playing a cruel game on her because of what she did to him in past episodes. Eventually she lost patience, became angry for standing her up and decided to meet the other cast members to proceed with the show.

As she explained to the other team members that Kang Gary had stood her up at the Café, they were shocked that he would do that to her. They all knew how close the two were on the show and even off the show. When the team members were shown a video of Kang Gary kidnapped, they were just shocked. Song Ji Hyo was not only shocked but very worried of his whereabouts. As they set off to find Kang Gary's kidnappers, Song Ji Hyo could not help but show some emotional feelings towards her Monday boyfriend. She was always close to Kang Gary but those feelings never went beyond friendship. His disappearance made her confused with her emotions towards her on screen boyfriend. Kwang Soo and HaHa could not help notice her look of concern over her Monday boyfriend. They tried to reassure her that they will do whatever it takes to find him. Their compassionate words made Song Ji Hyo cry. Jae Suk and Jong Kook also came to her to comfort her and to let her know not to worry too much for he will be back home soon. Of all the team members who tried to comfort her to ease her worriness over the disappearance of Kang Gary, it was Suk Jin who gave her the best advice. Suk Jin pulled Song Ji Hyo aside and confided in her how he really felt about the two of them. He admitted that he was against their relationship as it might have a negative effect on the show. What if they did date but then it didn't work out and the show was still ongoing? Would they still be able to separate their personal life from their professional life? He wanted to let Song Ji Hyo know that the decision they make to be together or not will affect the show. Although it was a difficult conversation to listen to, Song Ji Hyo understood what Suk Jin was trying to say.

There was one more thing Suk Jin wanted to confide to Song Ji Hyo about Kang Gary which took her by total surprise. He confided to her that the feelings Kang Gary was showing on the show was not fake but real. Kang Gary had told him three years ago, his true feelings towards his Monday girlfriend. Suk Jin also wanted her to know that she too cannot deny any longer what she is feeling for her Monday boyfriend. Sometimes it takes a third person to see what the other person cannot see. Suk Jin could see how much Song Ji Hyo truly cares for her Monday boyfriend but she is in total denial with her feelings. Suk Jin told Song Ji Hyo that if she has true feelings for Kang Gary than she should go with what her heart says and don't let anything stop her from acquiring her true happiness. If the feeling she feels for Kang Gary is strong then she should not let him get away. Little did Suk Jin know but he was right about her feelings. She did feel something beyond friendship for Kang Gary but was afraid to let anyone know because of the backlash she might receive from the production company. Although she is fully aware that many of their fans would like them to really date off screen, she knew she would have to control her true feelings so to not affect the progress of the show. She thanked Suk Jin and hugged him wholeheartedly for letting her know how Kang Gary truly felt about her. She felt much better and less worried that something terrible might happen to her Monday boyfriend.