Chapter Thirty One: A Lover's Quarrel

The next time Ji Hyo and Gary saw each other again was on the set of running man. 

"Gary oppa, your back...hope you had a good trip, " Ji Hyo said dryly.

"Ji Hyo, how are you doing?"

"Fine," she said and then walked away.

They continued to work professionally on the set, while hiding their relationship problems inside.  When filming ended for the day, Ji Hyo walked back to her trailer to get her purse.  Without being noticed by anyone, Gary came up to JI Hyo and gently grabbed hold of her hand and held it briefly before walking off to his trailer.

As she got in her car and was about to leave, she gets a text message from him.

To: Ji Hyo

Message: Can we talk?

From: Gary

She looked at the message and put the phone on the passenger seat.  Then she drove home.  When she got home, she took a bottle of wine and poured herself a drink.  She took her drink to the couch and took a box of cleenex from the table and put it next to her.  There was an open entertainment magazine lying on top of the coffee table.  Ji Hyo took a sip of her wine, picked up the magazine and began to shed a single tear in the corner of her eye.  In the magazine, it showed a picture of Gary kissing a fan during his Singapore tour. 

Gary went back home waiting to hear from Ji Hyo.  After a while, she finally text him back.

To: Gary oppa

Message: Yes, we need to talk.  Where do you want to meet?

From: Ji Hyo

He was happy to finally receive a message from her.

To: Ji Hyo

Message: Meet me at my studio at 11.

From: Gary

Ji Hyo arrived at his studio on time.  Nobody was around to see her meet Gary.  He escorted her to his office where they could talk things through.

Gary hugged her but she didn't return his hug.

"Ji Hyo, is anything wrong?"

"You tell me, " she said in a sarcastic way.

"Why are you upset with me? I should be upset with you," he said.

"What are you talking about?"

Gary asked her about her co-star Jin Hyuk.

"Is anything going on between the two of you?" he asked her.

"There's nothing going on between us...we are just friends....nothing more." she said.

"Gary, it's true I went out with Jin Hyuk to Club Rococo but the media didn't mention that we were there with the other cast members of our new drama.  I would never go out with him or any other man alone without letting you know.  He is just a friend and beside I told you I was going to go out with some friends that night."

"Do you honestly believe that I would lie to you about this?...Don't you trust me?....considering the fact that we are in a relationship...I would never do anything to hurt you...you know that...are you going to believe what I am telling you or what the tabloids are telling you?"

"I...I'm not sure," he said.

"What?!...I can't believe you said that.

"After what you did, you're not perfect yourself," she said.

"What are you talking about?...I didn't do anything," Gary said.

"Really and how about that girl in Singapore?"

"What girl?" he said.

Ji Hyo annoyingly responded, "the girl you kissed on stage in Singapore...you didn't think I would know about that?...it's all over the internet."

"Wait it's not what you think...we were playing that stick game...Gil pushed me into her...I had nothing to do with it....you got to believe me."

"Why should I, when you don't believe me when I told you there was nothing going on between me and Jin Hyuk."

"I saw him hug you at your apartment," Gary said.

"What!?...Were you watching?...Don't trust me?

"No, it's not that...it's just .."

"It's just what?" she asked.

Ji Hyo continued by saying, "look at you...talking about trust, you didn't even bother to tell me you were going to Singapore...then to find out you kissed someone on stage while you were there and not tell me about it...how do you think I feel about that?

"Aigoo, I can't believe we are arguing like this," Gary said.

"I didn't come here to argue with you, oppa but to try to clear something up with you... but somehow you don't trust me and that is a big problem in a relationship."

"Ahh, STRESS!" Gary said and then he punched the wall.

Ji Hyo was frightened, so she ran to the door.

Gary ran after her.

"Ji Hyo wait!"

She was just about to open the door and leave, when Gary caught up with her and slammed the door shut.  She quickly turned around in fear.  Seeing her so frightened only turned Gary on.  He began to kiss her lustfully.  At first she resisted, but eventually she gave in to his soft, sweet lips.  He lifted her shirt off her body and threw it on the ground.  She did the same to him.  Then he started to remove her pants but she stopped him.

"No, I can't do this," she panted.

Gary wouldn't listen to her and began kissing her neck, cheeks and lips.  He then proceeded to try to remove her pants again but she pushed him away.

"I said no!" she said.

Gary who was panting heavily took a few steps back.  He wanted her badly but he didn't want to take her like this, so he stopped.

Ji Hyo picked up her shirt and put it on.  She went to the door but before she left, she went to Gary, put her hand on his cheek and gently kissed him on the lips.

"Oppa, I think we need to take some time off from our relationship...I don't want to have this cloud of doubt hanging over us when we're together..."

"Ji Hyo...are we bre..."

"No oppa, we're not breaking up but taking a little breather for now...once we know what we want in this relationship than we can talk again and discuss where we want it to go."

Gary didn't want to argue with Ji Hyo anymore, so he was somewhat agreeable to her proposal.  He then went up to her and hugged her tightly, while tears ran down her cheeks.

Once he released her from his embrace, with saddened eyes, she quietly walked out the door to her car and drove home.