Chapter Eight: The Accident

Gary stormed out of Lee Kwang Soo's trailer.  He ran to his car, got in and drove off the parking lot.  Lee Kwang Soo tried to stop him from leaving but Gary was too fast for him. 

Lee Kwang Soo took Ji Hyo home.  He wanted to make sure she was okay before he went to look for Gary.  Just as he was leaving Ji Hyo's home, she receives a text message from Gil.

To: Ji Hyo

Message:  Please come to the hospital.  Gary had an accident.

From: Gil

Lee Kwang Soo immediately drove Ji Hyo to the hospital Gary was in.  Gil met them in the lobby and told them what happened. 

Gary came to his house drunk about an hour ago.  He had this sad and angry look on his face.  He kept muttering, "it was a lie, it was all a lie."  Then he punched his right hand hard on the bathroom mirror and cut himself really bad. 

Gil turned to Ji Hyo and told her that he is resting comfortably now in his room.  They had stitched up his hand, bandaged it and gave him medication to ease his pain.  Later, Gil walked them both to Gary's room.

Ji Hyo stayed by the door, while Lee Kwang Soo went next to Gary's bed.  He gently touched his wounded hand and quietly said, "hyung, I'm sorry you had to go through this....this happened because of a misunderstanding....there is nothing going on between me and Ji Hyo...her heart belongs to you....get better soon and then we will talk."  Lee Kwang Soo then went to Ji Hyo and put one hand on her shoulder.  Ji Hyo asked him if she could have some privacy while she talked to Gary.  Lee Kwang Soo told her that he would wait for her at the lobby.

Ji Hyo approached Gary's bed. She was silently crying as she saw Gary's stitched up, bandaged hand. 

She said, "being in a relationship with you has only brought heartache and pain for both of us.  You were hurt from seeing me with Lee Kwang Soo and I was hurt when I came to visit you that night at your studio. "

She then walked towards the other side of the bed, held Gary's good hand and put it on her cheek. 

"Oppa, please don't ever hurt yourself like this again....I'm not worth it...if I caused you to hurt yourself like this than I shouldn't be in your life."

Then she placed his hand in her heart and said that she had given her heart to him a long time ago and that her love was only for him.  She leaned down towards Gary's head and whispered in his ears I Love You and kissed him on the lips. 

Gil, who had been standing outside the room, heard everything she said to Gary.  The door of the room was never closed but kept open so the nurse and doctor can easily come in and out of the room.

Ji Hyo never saw Gil because her back was facing in the direction of the door.  As she kissed Gary, Gil quickly walked back to the lobby.