Chapter Thirty: The Test

It was early in the morning when Gary and Ji Hyo woke up.  Ji Hyo's trench coat barely covered both of their bodies, since it was a bit cold in Gary's office.  She snuggled up next to him as he put his arms around her to keep them warm.  Ji Hyo later turned to the other side, so her back was facing him.  Her sudden shift in sleeping position easily aroused Gary.  Unfortunately, she was too tired to do anything.  Eventually he won her over when he gently put himself inside her and began waking her up from behind.  Afterwards, they fell back asleep for a few more hours.

The night was coming to an end and dawn was breaking through. People will be roaming about and their could be a chance that they would be caught spending time together.  Gary gently woke Ji Hyo up as she was still sound asleep.  He helped her to put on her trench coat and walked her to her car.  With one last morning kiss, he sent her on her way to go home.

Gary went back to his office to put away the mattress (which he usually keeps in a closet and uses when he works late on his music).  He then took the wine bottle, ice bucket, wine glasses and silk sheets to his car so nobody will know someone had spent the night in his studio.  When he was done putting things away, he went home to take a shower, change his clothes and eat.  After he had a chance to refresh himself, he went to work.

Ji Hyo immediately went home after spending the night with Gary.  After she had the chance to refresh herself she too went to work.  On the set of Emergency Couple, Ji Hyo and and her co-star Choi Jin Hyuk were having fun pranking each other during their break.  They were seen spending a lot of time together outside of filming.  The crew noticed how close the two co-stars really got along with one another, compared to when they first met.  Now that they've gotten to know each other better, they are comfortable working together.  They also have a strong friendship bond.  During their breaks, they could be seen talking, laughing and smiling with each other or with other cast and crew members.  

Sometimes when they were done filming, the cast would get together and do something outside the set.  One Friday night, they agreed to meet after work for dinner.  They would meet at a restaurant in Seoul called Song Jook Heon.

On that night Gary was hoping to spend time with Ji Hyo.

To: Ji Hyo

Message: Free tonight? How about dinner at my place?

From: Gary

As much as she wanted to spend time with him, she also wanted to spend time with friends.

To: Gary

Message:  Sorry, cannot make it tonight.  Going out with fellow cast mates from Emergency Couple.  Rain check?

From: Ji Hyo

Gary made a promise with Ji Hyo that if they were socializing with fellow artists whether it be related to music or acting, that they would only see it from a business aspect and not personal.  They promised that they would trust each other when they go out with other people in the industry. 

To: Ji Hyo

Message: Okay, have fun tonight.

From: Gary

After Ji Hyo and the cast finished dinner, they decided to go to a club, since it was Friday night.  They went to Club Rococo.  There they had a fun time talking, dancing and drinking.  Jin Hyuk noticed that Ji Hyo was drinking a bit more than she should have and he was concerned with her slur speech and inability to stand up.  He told the rest of the cast that maybe they should call it a night.  They agreed as they were feeling a bit tipsy and unbalanced themselves.  Jin Hyuk walked Ji Hyo to her car but she was too drunk to find her keys.  He couldn't let her drive home in her condition, so he tried to see if any of the other female companions they were with could take her home but everyone already left to go home.  So, he decided to take her home himself. He wasn't sure where she lived and tried to ask her but she was completely wasted.  He had no choice but to take her home to his place until she was well enough to drive herself home. So he helped her walk over to his car, where he seated her in the front seat, buckled her up and reclined her chair so she could sleep it off.

The next day, Ji Hyo woke up dazed, with a huge headache.  She got up from the bed she was sleeping on and slowly started to look around. 

"huh...where am I?...this isn't my place...what am I doing here?"

She quickly got up and went outside to the living room where she saw Jin Hyuk sleeping on the couch.  He suddenly woke up when she accidentally knocked down a plant vase that was on the floor.

"Oh Ji Hyo, you're awake."

"Jin Hyuk, what am I doing here?"

"You had too much to drink last night and you couldn't drive home...tried to get one of the girls to drive you home but they went home right away after we left the club...I asked you where you lived but you were out of it, so I just took you home with me so you could rest until you got better....do you feel better?"

"Uhm...yes, I feel better....uhm...did anything else happen last night?" Ji Hyo embarrassingly asked.

"Oh no, of course not...I wouldn't do that to you...anyways, when you're ready I will drive you home."

Ji Hyo was relieved nothing happened.  She realized she needed to set a limit on how much she drinks when she goes out with friends so this won't happen again. 

Once she got home, she took a cold shower, changed her clothes and drank a large cup of coffee.  She just wanted to stay home a recover from her hangover. Suddenly her phone rings. It was Gary.

She was too tired to even pick up the phone so she just ignored it.  He kept trying to call and text her several times but she wasn't returning any of his calls or messages.  Ji Hyo ended up staying home and sleeping.  It was around 9 pm when Gary still didn't hear from Ji Hyo.  Concerned that something bad might had happened to her, he decided to go visit her at her place.  He put on a disguise and dropped by her apartment.  There wasn't a lot of people going in and out of the apartment building because it was late at night, so Gary did not have a problem being noticed from the public.

He rang the doorbell several times but no answer.  Finally, he knocked on the door and she opened it.  Once she noticed it was Gary, she let him in. She really didn't want to see him as she still had a hangover.

"Oh Gary oppa, what are you doing here?" she said dryly, then walked away from him and headed towards the couch.

"Ji Hyo, I have been calling and texting you but you don't return any of my calls or messages, so I was worried about you."

He tried to hug her but she pushed him away. 

"What's wrong with her?" he thought to himself.

He attempted to hug her again and then this time she pushed him away really hard.

"Aghh, Gary oppa...I'm very tired...I don't want to see you right now...can you just go home?" she said grumpily.

Gary was feeling hurt that she didn't want to spend time with him.  He was also irritated with her actions and tone of voice.

"Okay, Ji Hyo I'll go...I don't know what's wrong with you tonight....just came by to see if you were okay but if you want me to go, I'll go."

With that Gary stormed out of her apartment.

"Oh my head...I'm sorry Gary oppa if I sound mean but I have a headache and I just want to sleep," she said to herself.

Not thinking how badly she treated Gary tonight, she headed back to bed and went to sleep.