Chapter Fourty Eight: The Sacrifice

After several days in the hospital, Ji Hyo was cleared to go home. On the day she was discharged from the hospital the doctor reminded her to not due too much strenuous activities and get plenty of rest before the baby arrives. She and Gary thanked the doctor for taking good care of her while she was in the hospital.

Kwang Soo came to pick up Ji Hyo and Gary. He was not sure where Ji Hyo lived and inquired the directions to her house.

Ji Hyo was hesitant to give them her address.  She requested that be dropped off somewhere else.

"Why won't you tell us where you live?" Gary asked.

"Oh, uhm...its not that...there's just some things that still need to be done and I uhm...need to...uhm" Ji Hyo said..

"Okay, I get it...you don't want me to go to your house," Gary said. "Kwang Soo...would you please drop me off at my place then," Gary annoyingly said.

"Oppa, please don't be upset...there's just some things that I still need to do and I am not ready for anyone to come by yet," Ji Hyo said.

Kwang Soo arrived in front of Gary's apartment.  They tried to say goodbye to him but he just walked out of the car, irritated that Ji Hyo hesitated to let him visit her home.  Seeing how irritated he looked, Ji Hyo stepped out of the car and ran up to him.  She hugged him from behind and told him not to be angry. 

"Oppa, when everything is done, you will be the first one I will invite but please don't be mad...I love you so much," Ji Hyo said.

Gary turned around and hugged her back.  He said he was sorry and that he would wait for her to invite him.  Then they hugged again before Ji Hyo went back to Kwang Soo's car. Seeing her leave made Gary miss her even more.  He ran after her and just when she was about to step in Kwang Soo's car Gary asked her to stay with him tonight.  She looked at him and smiled.  Then she turned to Kwang Soo, who was smiling,  thanked him for picking her up from the hospital and said goodbye to him. 

That night they talked about how they were going to break the news to the media regarding their relationship.  First they would have to talk to Jae Suk before going to the press.  They made arrangements to meet him at Gary's restaurant.

When they broke the news to Jae Suk, he was not happy.  He reminded the couple that they signed an agreement stating that dating was prohibited while still filming for the program.  Jae Suk was concerned that their relationship could jeopardize their careers. 

Gary was at the top of his game.  Before he came on the show, not many people knew who he was.  Since he came on the show, people saw a comedic, yet gentleman like side of him that was different from how he portrays himself when he writes music.  Although, he put himself down by mocking his physical appearance, people have grown to admire his characteristics on the show, and deemed him to be a handsome fellow rather than an ugly duckling.  He is caring towards others, especially those in need.  Donating thousands of dollars to charity events and those less fortunate.  To top off his successful music career, which he worked so hard through the years, his celebrity status has gained popularity since starring in the variety show and he has a restaurant that is doing well.  He has gained many devoted and loyal fans not only in Korea but outside as well.  People have expressed their love for him as a celebrity and have showered him with gifts as well as admiring comments.  Ji Hyo felt she could not take this away from him, since he has worked so hard to achieve what he currently has.

Jae Suk asked both of them to wait a little longer before coming out about their real life relationship. 

They thanked Jae Suk for coming to meet them.  Jae Suk, who was always business minded, let the couple know that what he said to them was on a business level not personal.  In reality, he knew that their was something special between the two of them, since Ji Hyo became a regular on the show.  He wasn't blind to what was developing on the show between them.  It was obvious to him back then that Gary was developing strong feelings for her when she came on the show, but for the sake of the program, he kept his mouth shut and looked the other way when the couple began to show affection towards one another during shooting.