Chapter Fifty: The Delivery

Gary went home elated with the news that he was going to be a father to a little baby boy.  He was eagerly ecstatic to share the news to members of his Running Man family, so he invited them over to his home for a celebration.

The cast were also overjoyed to hear Gary's good news. Of course they were wondering what will be the next step for him now that he found out that he was going to have a son.

"To protect me, Ji Hyo has come up with a plan to explain about the father of the baby...after the media gets hold of that news and broadcasts it all over Korea, Asia and the world, I will wait for the it to die down before I make a public announcement that we are going to begin dating in real life.

Shock by Gary's sudden affirmation that he will soon go public on their relationship, there was nothing more the cast could do but congratulate him for being an honorable and courageous man.  Gary then walked up to Jae Suk.

"Hyung, I cannot hide my feelings anymore for Ji Hyo...she is going to have my baby...so I will accept and take full responsibility for any backlash the entertainment industry will give me.  For now, I love Ji Hyo. we are starting a family together and I am going to make her officially my wife.

With those words, the men raised their beer bottles and toasted Gary to love, fatherhood and happiness!

Ji Hyo received many congratulatory text messages form her fellow team members of running man.  She continued to glow throughout the last stages of her pregnancy.  Although she continued to work until she was close to her due date, she did take the time to rest whenever she had the chance.  The production team of Emergency Couple made sure that she didn't over exert herself when she was filming.  They even went as far as hiring a stunt double to do all her physical comedic scenes for her TV drama.  Everything was going well throughout her pregnancy and she couldn't be happier.

When she was nearing her due date, she took a leave of absence from her TV drama to check herself into the hospital.  She immediately contacted Gary to let him know that she was ready to deliver.  Ji Hyo finally decided to let Gary know where she currently resides.  It was Gary himself who came to pick her up in a dark colored, limo tinted window van, to help send her to the hospital.  To enter Ji Hyo's home, you had to go through a private gate.  Her home was like a fortress, surrounded by tall walls.  It was very private. 

Once Gary went through the private gate to Ji Hyo's home, he quickly stepped out of the van and ran to the house.  He then escorted Ji Hyo gently into the van and helped buckle her in.  Then he went back to get her small suitcase.  After seeing Ji Hyo comfortably seated in the  middle seat of the van, he quickly and safely drove them to the hospital.

Since they called the doctor ahead of time of their arrival, the doctor immediately made plans to make sure that once they arrive in the hospital, they will come in undetected or noticed by the media or public.  It was the wee hours of the morning when Gary finally arrived at the hospital.  The doctor made the night shift staff sign an affidavit stating they were not disclose any information to the public regarding the celebrities who were coming in to the hospital.  When Ji Hyo arrived at the hospital, she was whisked immediately into a private home.  She was able to go through the emergency room doors without being noticed as there were no people waiting in the lobby.

When Ji Hyo was inside the room, she was immediately hooked up to a monitoring machine where they can progress her labor pains.  Then the nurse inserted a needle in her arm and added a thin plastic tube to it which connected to an IV bag.  The doctor then came in to check on her.

"Everything looks good...we are almost ready setting up the operating room...just wait a bit longer before we wheel you in." said the doctor.

Ji Hyo worriedly looked at Gary.