Chapter Six: Second Thoughts

Gary reheated the food he brought over for Ji Hyo.  He told Ji Hyo that her dinner was ready and that she should eat.  Ji Hyo asked him to join her but he said he wasn't hungry and that he was just going to go home now.  She gave him this sad, puppy look face as she asked him to stay and eat with her.  He couldn't resist her sad expression, so he stayed and they had a very late dinner together.

After they had dinner, Gary reminded Ji Hyo that he was going to go home.  She walked him to the door and thanked him for bringing her food to eat. 

"Oppa, drive home safely....I love you very much."

Gary smiled, kissed her on the head and walked out the door.  He didn't get far.  By the time he was waiting for the elevator to come up, his mind was back on Ji Hyo.  He quickly walked back to Ji Hyo's place and knocked on the door.  Ji Hyo opened the door and wondered why he came back.

"Oh, oppa did you forget something?"

Gary came in and asked her to close the door.  Ji Hyo was a little worried with his tone of voice that she quickly closed the door and locked it after he came in.  She then turned around to see what was the matter. When she turned around, Gary grabbed her waist, pulled her close to him and began kissing her on the lips.  He then walked forward until her back was on the door.  He released his lips from hers and started kissing her neck, while lifting up her left leg.  Gary couldn't get enough of her.  He then released her leg and carried her back to her room. 

Ji Hyo was sleeping soundly in his arms, when Gary woke up the next day.  He gently got out of the bed without waking her up.  He put on his clothes, left a note on Ji Hyo's pillow and left her house.  When Ji Hyo finally woke up, she was sad to see that Gary had left.  She found the note that he left behind for her to read. 

Ji Hyo,

I have a very busy work schedule today.  If you are free later tonight we can have dinner at my restaurant.

Oppa

When both were done with work, they met up at Gary's restaurant for a late dinner date.  As they were eating, Ji Hyo noticed that Gary wasn't talking much.  After they had dinner, Gary walked Ji Hyo back to her car. 

"Oppa, you were awfully quiet tonight...is everything okay?"

"I'm just tired from today....I just need to get some rest." he said.

With that, Ji Hyo thanked Gary for dinner, kissed him on the cheeck, got in the car and drove home. 

Little did Ji Hyo know that Gary was not planning on having anymore dinner dates with her.  The closer he got to Ji Hyo, he realized that he might not be a good influence on her career.  So he made up his mind that he was not going to get personally attached to her.

They continued to go to work to film the next episode of running man.  After filming, Ji Hyo began noticing that Gary was giving her the cold shoulder.  He rarely talked to her and he always left the set right away when filming was over. 

Ji Hyo could not figure out what made him change his feelings towards her, so she decided to follow along and just work with him on a professional level.

One day while taking a break from filming running man, Gary noticed that Lee Kwang Soo and Ji Hyo were having lunch together.  They looked very cozy, smiling and laughing together.  A strong rush of jealousy came over Gary and his blood was boiling over.  He couldn't stand seeing them together.  He was just about to interrupt their luncheon when the production team yelled out that lunch was over and it was time to get back to work.

After filming ended that day, Gary stormed off the set.  He immediately went to a bar and began drinking away his sorrow.  Later, he text Ji Hyo.

To: Ji Hyo

Message:  Can you meet me at my studio at 9?

From: Gary

This was the first time Gary communicated with her since their dinner date a few days ago.  After getting the directions from Gary on how to get to his recording studio, Ji Hyo drove off to meet him there.  Once there, she noticed the door was open.  After she went in, she heard Gary from a distance tell her to close and lock the door behind her.  She noticed there wasn't a lot of light on in the studio.  Ji Hyo walked cautiously to where she heard Gary's voice.

As she was calling Gary's name, she came upon one room where the door was half way open.  She put one foot in and said, "Oppa, are you here?"

Gary got up from the couch where he was sitting.  He was stumbling as he was trying to reach the wall to turn on the lights for her.  After turning on the light switch, he turned to Ji Hyo and asked her to sit down on the couch with him. 

Ji Hyo was disgusted with what she saw.  There were a couple of empty bottles on the ground next to the couch and Gary was holding a half empty one in his hand.  He was completely drunk.

"Oppa, why are you like this?"

Gary took a quick drink and said, "I saw you together today."

"What!?" said Ji Hyo.

"You and Lee Kwang Soo...together on the set having lunch together."

"What was wrong with having lunch with Lee Kwang Soo?....We are just friends....

"Are you trying to make me jealous?" Gary drunkeradly said.

"This is ridiculous...you are drunk and need to go home" Ji Hyo said. 

She got up and was heading towards the door, when Gary tackled her to the ground.  He turned her around to face him.  She was struggling to get up but Gary pinned her down with his weight.  She slapped him hard on the face, hoping he would release her but in only turned him on more.  He had this look of lust on his face that she became frightened.  She was about to scream when Gary stopped her by kissing her hard on the lips.  Tears were coming down Ji Hyo's face but he was too drunk to notice.  After he kissed her, he drunkardly said to her, "I love you...you're mine...mine...."  With those few words, he just collapsed on top of her.  Ji Hyo pushed  his body off of her and she ran out from the studio to her car.  When she entered her car, she didn't even realize that her shirt was torn.  Gary had torn her shirt when he tackled her to the ground.

Ji Hyo was crying heavily as she drove home. 

(Author"s Note:  This is NOT REAL but make believe.  Please do not take it to heart and think that this really happened.)