Chapter Nine: Forgiveness

Gary was released from the hospital the next day.  Gil picked him up and took him home.  When Gary got home, he was surprised to see Lee Kwang Soo waiting for him inside.

"What are you doing here?!" he said.

"Hyung, I want to clear the air....there is nothing going on between Ji Hyo and I...we are just friends and nothing more....she came to me because of something that happened to her and she needed to talk to someone about it."

Gary wondered why she didn't come to him.

Lee Kwang Soo explained to Gary that the matter with Ji Hyo involved him.  He asked Gary to sit down and told him what Ji Hyo confided to him.  Gary's mouth dropped open and he was shocked what he had done to her.  He was so drunk that night that he couldn't remember anything that night.  He was so stunned that he treated Ji Hyo in that manner.  

Gary now understood that Lee Kwang Soo was only trying to comfort Ji Hyo from what she went through.  He was there for her as a friend only.  Gary apologized to Lee Kwang Soo and thanked him for taking care of Ji Hyo.  There friendship was nearly tarnished but after listening to Lee Kwang Soo's explanation, their friendship remained intact.  They shook hands and gave each other a hug.

Later, Gary asked Lee Kwang Soo, "where is she?"

"She has a day off today, so she is home resting," said Lee Kwang Soo.

"I have to go to her," Gary said.

"Hyung, I will drive you there..she might not want to see you yet, so let me call her to let her know that I am going to see her," said Lee Kwang Soo.

"Okay," said Gary.

Ji Hyo had just poured herself a cup of tea and was bringing it to her room when the doorbell rang.  She was wearing a pajama dress and fluffy slippers when she went to answer the door. 

Lee Kwang Soo stood in front of her.

"Oppa, are you here to check up on me?"

Then, Lee Kwang Soo said, "Noona, I'm so sorry" and then he stepped aside.

As Gary came forward, she dropped her cup of tea.  The mug shattered on the floor. 

Gary immediately went inside and asked her "are you okay?"

She put her hand in her mouth and pointed to him in disbelief.  After the initial shock seeing Gary in her home she suddenly said out loud, "you...you have to leave...I don't want to see you!"  Lee Kwang Soo entered her house and closed the door after him.  Ji Hyo turned to Lee Kwang Soo and said, "oppa, how could you trick me like this?" 

Lee Kwang Soo said, "Noona, please don't be like this.  I talked to him and he is sorry for what happened to you.  He told me he was so drunk that night that he could not remember doing any of those things to you.  Please give him a chance.  I am going to leave so you two can talk."  But before I leave, I am going to help clean up this floor for you.  After Lee Kwan Soo was done cleaning the floor he left Ji Hyo and Gary alone to talk.

Ji Hyo was shocked and angry.  Tears were coming down her face.  Gary went down on his knees and his head was down.  He pleaded with Ji Hyo for a second chance.  Ji Hyo turned her back on him and shook her head.  Gary stood up and hugged her from behind.  She cried out in pain as he hugged her.  She pushed away his injured hand on her and he let out a cry of pain.  She immediately turned to him and said she was sorry for hurting him.  He was immediately touched with her concern that he sucked up the pain and asked her if she was okay?

Gary asked Ji Hyo if he could see what injuries she suffered in his hands the night he came to his studio.  At first she was reluctant to show him but as she looked at his worried and concerned face, she gave in and showed him the brusies.

Gary gasped at what he saw.  He became angry at himself for hurting Ji Hyo that he started slapping himself across the face really hard.  He was just about to do something to his injured hand, when Ji Hyo came between him and his other hand.  She hugged him tightly and told him to stop.  She couldn't bear to see him hurt himself. 

"Oppa, please stop....I forgive you...you were drunk that night...you didn't know what you were doing....so, please stop...please."

Gary put his arms around Ji Hyo and returned her embrace.

"Ji Hyo, oppa is very, very sorry for hurting you."

Ji Hyo slowly released herself from his tight embrace and looked up at his face.  Tears were coming down his eyes and she saw how sincere he was with his apology that she didn't say a word to him but kissed him on the lips to show to him that she accepted his apology.