Chapter Twenty Three: The Storm

It was a cold, windy and dreary day to be filming an episode for running man but the cast and crew endured the elements in order to finish filming.  Big, thick, black clouds began to build up near where they were filming.  The cast and crew ended the day by going home early as a severe storm was fast approaching Korea.   Ji Hyo stayed back to take care of some business in her trailer.  By then most of the cast and crew had already left.  Once Ji Hyo was finished taking care of some unfinished work in her trailer, she decided to go home.  She went to her car and tried to start it but it wouldn't not start. 

She looked in her bag for her cell phone but it wasn't in there.  Suddenly it started to sprinkle.  She got out of the car and looked around to see where she could go to make a phone call for someone to come help her with her car.  By then it started to rain and you could hear thunder from a distance.  She quickly got back in her car.

Gary had already left earlier but returned to the film site because he had left something in his trailer.  He saw Ji Hyo's car in the parking lot.  He saw somebody inside.  Gary parked his truck next to Ji Hyo's car.  He knocked on the door.  Ji Hyo rolled down her window.

"Oppa, what are you doing here?"

"Ji Hyo, never mind me...why are you still here?....you need to go home."

"I can't, my car won't start....do you have your phone?...May I use it to make a call for someone to come help me start my car."

"Oh, Ji Hyo my phone died...I'm sorry." 

"Would you like me to take you home?" Gary said.

"No, that's okay...I'll take a taxi."

"No need, please let me take you home." said Gary.

Now it was really starting to pour, the thick black clouds were rumbling with thunder and lightning flashed across the sky.  It was a terrible storm.

Based on the elements, Ji Hyo had no choice but to accept Gary's kind offer to take her home.  She managed to get out of the car and into Gary's truck.  However, since it was pouring like cats and dogs, she was completely drenched by the hard, pouring rain.  By the  time Gary got in the car, he too was completely wet.

Driving conditions were pretty bad when Gary left the film site.  He could hardly see with the pouring rain hitting his windshields.  The strong wind made it difficult for Gary to drive straight.  Suddenly, a bolt of lightning hit the road.  Ji Hyo screamed. while Gary hit the breaks with both of his feet.  Both were scared to death at what had just happened.

"Oppa, we need to pull over...it's too scary to keep driving in these conditions."

Gary agreed.  He looked around to see where they could find temporary shelter until the storm died down.  Ji Hyo pointed to an old parking lot that was nearby.  Not many people knew about it since it was located in a somewhat remote area.  Gary quickly headed in that direction.  He parked his truck just in the nick of time because it started to rain even harder once they got in the parking lot.  You couldn't even see what was outside the truck's window because of the amount of water running down the side of his truck.

Ji Hyo started to sneeze.  Gary could see that she was shivering from her wet clothes.  He went to the back of his truck to see if there is something he can give Ji Hyo to keep her warm.  He was able to find an extra jacket and blanket in his trunk.  

"Ji Hyo, you are going to get sick...you need to remove your clothes."

"Aiyoo, I would rather get sick than do that."

"Don't be stubborn, take off your clothes...I promise I won't do anything to you."

"No!" Ji Hyo said.

"Fine, if yo won't remove your clothes than I will have to take them off myself."

"What!?" she said.

Now Gary was getting irritated, frustrated and annoyed with Ji Hyo's actions.  He was tired, wet and cold himself, so he ddin't need this right now from Ji Hyo.

Looking at Gary oppa's face, Ji Hyo realized he wasn't kidding with what he said.  She removed her clothes but kept her underwear on.  Gary than gave her the blanket to wrap herself up.  He then removed his wet clothes, kept his underwear on too and put on the jacket.  His upper body was warm with the jacket but his lower half was freezing.  

Ji Hyo went to the back and laid down in the middle seat, while Gary stayed in the passenger side of the truck.  It rained non stop for several hours, that Ji Hyo and Gary started to fall asleep in the truck.  Suddenly, thunder roared the skies and flashes of lightning hit the skies.  Ji Hyo screamed.

"Oppa, I'm scared."

Gary went to Ji Hyo and hugged her.

"Ji Hyo it's okay, I'm here."

Since he had nothing to cover up his legs,  she could feel him shivering by her side. 

"Oppa, we need to keep warm or we will both get sick."

She unwrapped the blanket that was covering her body and shared it with him.  She cuddled up close to him to keep their bodies warm.  They fell asleep in each other's arms.

A loud sound of thunder woke the two of them up.  Ji Hyo quickly hugged Gary tighter.  She looked up at Gary.

"Oppa, do you think it will stop raining soon?"

"I don't know, it still looks pretty bad."

Gary adjusted the blanket to make sure it covers Ji Hyo.  He didn't want her to get sick.  Funny when he did that because she in returned adjusted the blanket to make sure he was covered up.  They both laughed at what they were trying to do. 

When the laughter died, they had this somber look in their faces as they reminisced about the good times when they were together.

Ji Hyo looked at Gary.  She put her right hand on his cheek and softly caressed it.

Gary grabbed her hand, kissed it and moved it down to his heart.  It was beating really fast.  She looked up and saw his eyes glistening with anticipation.  They both start moving their faces closer together.  Their lips begin to touch when Ji Hyo hesitated.

"Oppa,...we...."

The rain started to die down and the clouds started to clear.  Gary was getting ready to kiss her, when Ji Hyo turns and looks out the window. 

"Oppa, I think it's safe to take me home now."

She starts to move away from him but he wouldn't let go his hold on her.

"Please, oppa..."

"Ji Hyo, " he said softly.

Just hearing him call her name she immediately wrapped her arms around his neck and began kissing him.  He happily returned her kiss.  For a few minutes, they sat in the truck, embraced in each other arms, while passionately kissing each other.  Gary was so turned on by her that he was getting ready to lie her down on the seat when Ji Ho stopped him.

"Oppa, It's time to go."

Gary was about to protest but the seriousness in Ji Hyo's face made him change his mind.  They put their clothes back on, got in the front seat of the truck and drove out of the parking lot.