Chapter Eighteen: Hurting Inside

Kwang Soo had to take care of some business with his dad so he just dropped Gary off in front of his apartment building.  Gary somberly got out of the car, still hurt by what had happened at Ji Hyo's apartment.

"Hyung, are you okay?"

Gary nodded his head yes and then he slowly walked to the front door.  His heart was heavy with grief over the loss of his girlfriend.

"What have I done?...This can't be happening....This isn't real...It's just a bad dream...she didn't just break up with me..."

Instead of going back to his apartment, Gary went to his truck and drove to the nearest boxing club.  He put on some gloves and started hitting a punching bag.  No matter how hard he hit the punching bag, he couldn't shake off the pain he was feeling inside.  He stayed in the boxing club until he exhausted himself and then he went home.

When he got to his apartment, he immediately went to his refrigerator and took out a bottle of beer.  He took a slug of it and then wiped his mouth.  The grief was too much for him.  He desperately wanted to go back to Ji Hyo's apartment but he it would make only make matters worse.  He took another slug of beer, then took a shower.  After he dried himself up and put on his clothes, he took his unfinished bottle of beer to his room and began watching TV.  He was going to drink his sorrow away.

After sobbing for almost an hour, Ji Hyo finally got up and took a shower.  After she took a shower, her cell phone rang.  It was Choi Jin Hyuk, her co-star in her upcoming drama Emergency Couple.

"Oh, Jin Hyuk, how did you get my number?"

"So sorry Ji Hyo but I got your number  from your manager.....I wanted to know if you are free today to go over some of the lines we have to read for our next scene together?"

Work would help her get her mind off from the hurt and pain she was feeling from Gary.

"Sure, I'm free today...Where would you like to meet to rehearse our lines?"

"How about we meet at a coffee shop...is there a coffee shop nearby your place?"

"Yes, we can meet at Cafe Lugo at 1:00," said Ji Hyo.

"Is that in Seoul?" asked Jin Hyuk.

"No, no, it is in Ilsan," said Ji Hyo.

"Okay, I will be there at 1," said Jin Hyuk.

Ji Hyo and Jin Hyuk met up at Cafe Lugo to go over their lines for the new drama they are starring in.  Once Ji Hyo entered the coffee shop, she was bombarded by running man fans who wanted to take a picture with her.  After she took some pictures with her fans, she finally had a chance to sit down and go over the script with her co-star.  The atmosphere was light and airy.  They couldn't stop laughing over some of the silly lines they had to read.  After they rehearsed their lines, they hugged each other and went their separate way.

When she got home, she gets a phone call from one of her friends inviting her to go out for dinner and drinks.  She accepts the invitation and gets dressed.  Ji Hyo wore a simple, dark blue, skin tight, one strapped cross over the shoulder mini, mini dress.  She accessorized her outfit with stiletto heels.  Ji Hyo curled her hair to make it look wavy and she put on make up.  She was absolutely drop dead gorgeous when she was done fixing herself up.