Tragedy (Continued)

Several nurses came rushing into the room, after hearing Ji Hyo scream.  They immediately paged for the doctor. When the doctor came he immediately told the nurse to get the defibrillator.  Ji Hyo was hysterical at this point so the doctor told Kwang Soo to escort her out of the room, while they administer the defibrillator on Gary.  Ji Hyo was fighting Kwang Soo.  She didn't want to leave Gary.

"Noona, please...there's nothing we can do....let the doctor and nurses do their job...we will only be in their way..."

"No, no, let me go...I can't leave him...."

Seeing how JI Hyo was out of her mind, screaming hysterically for Gary, distracting the doctors and nurses from doing what they need to do to help Gary come back to life, Kwang Soo slaps her across the face.

"I'm sorry Ji Hyo, but you need to get a grip...they are trying to revive him and you screaming for him is not going to help...we need to let them do their job...so let's get out of their way so they can save him....if you love him...then let them help him..."

Shocked that Kwang Soo slapped her across the face, she realized he was right.  She so desperately loved Gary that she didn't want to lose him.  With a saddened heart, she stepped outside of the room with Kwang Soo.  Once outside, she immediately came to Kwang Soo and he hugged her.

"Kwang Soo, I can't lose him...I just can't...I love him so much," Ji Hyo sobbingly said.

Kwang Soo was comforting her as best he could, as he too was feeling worried about the situation.

"Noona, I know for sure he loves you with all his heart....you are the only one for him...he will put through this...we have to have faith...he will pull through this

.They leaned on each other for comfort and support.  Each depending on each other to give them strength to hang in their during this difficult, yet nerve-wracking time.

It took three tries before Gary was brought back to life.  After, his heartbeat began to beat regularly again, they stepped out of the room to share the news with Kwang Soo and Ji Hyo.

"We were able to stabilize him now....his vital signs look good and he is resting comfortably, " said the doctor.  Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo were so relieved that Gary was able to pull through his brief state of death. 

"He is asking for his wife," said the doctor.  He looks at Ji Hyo and tells her that once the nurse finishes double checked Gary's vital signs are good and stable, she will signal Ji Hyo that she can come back in the room to be with her man.  Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo thanked the doctor for everything he did to bring Gary back to life.  The doctor told them not to worry for now and reassured them that they will monitor Gary closely to make sure he will be okay.  Then he left to do his regular rounds, visiting other patients in the hospital. 

Soon after the doctor left, the nurse quietly stepped out of the room and let Ji Hyo know that she may now come in the room to visit Gary.  The nurse told Ji Hyo that he kept asking for her the whole time she was checking up on him.  

Ji Hyo asked the nurse if she could stay overnight with Gary.  The nurse said, "yes."  She told Ji Hyo that she could sleep on the couch and that their was an extra pillow and blanket in the closet for her to use.  Ji Hyo thanked the nurse before she walked out of the room.

Ji Hyo was now alone with Gary.  She slowly went to his bedside.  She held back her tears so she could stay strong for Gary.

"Oh my love...I nearly lost you...thank god you're still here....I don't know how I can go on without you by my side....thank god you're okay now...thank god," Ji Hyo said.

She leaned down to grab hold of his hand and held it to her cheek.

"I love you Kang Gary and I promise I will never leave your side again....even if we end up being with someone else...I will always be there for you...I will love you for eternity."