Chapter Twenty Two: Aftermath

It was late at night when Gary brought Ji Hyo home with him.  He was able to sneak her in his apartment without being noticed by his neighbors. 

"Ji Hyo, are you okay?"

Ji Hyo, still shaken from what had happened to her earlier, put her hands up towards her face and began crying uncontrollably.

"Oppa, I was so scared...he just came out of nowhere..."

Gary stood in front of her and hugged her.  She laid her hands and head on his chest and continued sobbing.

"Oppa, I don't know what would had happened if you didn't show up."

"Oppa, will always be here for you, Ji Hyo." Gary whispered softly to her.

They stood there holding on to each other for a few minutes until Ji Hyo touched by his caring words, slowly moved her hands up towards his neck and wrapped them around it.

Gary looked at how scared and sad she looked.  Her lips were quivering, her body still shaken but the look of love she gave him was more than he could bare.  He lifted her up and was heading towards the couch, when Ji Hyo protested.

"Oppa, please take me to your room." Ji Hyo quietly said as she tightened her grip around his neck.

Gary walked into his room and gently put Ji Hyo down.  He moved the covers on his bed to the side so she could lie down.

"If there is anything you need, just let me know...I will sleep on the couch."

"Thank you, oppa."

"Get some rest, you're safe now." he said.

He then went to the living room and turned off the light to go to sleep.  He pretended to be asleep to not let Ji Hyo know that he was thinking about her.

Ji Hyo removed her clothes.  Wearing only her black underwear, she laid down in Gary's bed, turned off the side lamp and put the covers on.  She was clinging to the covers really tight when she remembered how frightened she felt when the man just grabbed her out of the blue.

Gary had just fallen asleep, when Ji Hyo got up from his bed and walked over to him on the couch.  She stood there looking at him sleeping peacefully.  She didn't have the heart to wake him up after what he had done for her.  As she turned to go back to the room, Gary gently grabbed her hand. Without saying a word, he pulled her slowly towards him.  Ji Hyo didn't resist. 

"Are you okay, Ji Hyo?"

"Oppa, please stay with me tonight."

Seeing how scared she looked, he got up from the couch.  Ji Hyo suddenly put her arms around him and hugged him.  Gary put his arms around her back and returned her hug.  He slowly loosened his grip around her waist, grabbed hold of the back of her legs, lifted her and carried her back to his room.  He gently laid her down on the bed.  She scooted to the side, making room for him to lie down next to her.

"Oppa, are you going to sleep with your clothes on?"

Surprised by her comment, he began to remove his shirt and pants.  He kept his underwear on since she kept hers on.  Then he slipped under the covers and put his arms around Ji Hyo.  She quickly cuddled up next to him.  Her left hand and head rested lovingly on his chest, while her left leg was wrapped on top of his left leg.  It was when she could feel the warmth of his body next to hers and his arms lovingly wrapped around her that she felt safe enough to fall asleep.  Gary felt this since of happiness when he is with Ji Hyo.  Both fell asleep happily and lovingly in each others arms.