Chapter Fifty Three: Romantic Date?

It was nearly a month since they brought their son home.  Gary and Ji Hyo were trying to find a name that they both liked.  They decided that they wanted to stray away from the traditional way of naming their child and try a more modern approach.  Song Ji Hyo really liked the name Kang Hyun Ki but Gary was looking more at Kang Dae-Hyun. 

Since they couldn't make up their mind on what name to call their son, they decided to wait until they can throw a little get together with their family and close friends in celebration of their new bundle of joy. 

Meanwhile, they diverted their mind away from baby names to how to go about letting the public know about their relationship.  Their was no way around it but to just face the media head on. 

They first arranged a meeting with personnel at SBS.  Gary asked Yoo Jae Suk, hyung to accompany him to the meeting.  Yoo Jae Suk invited the other Running Man cast members to join him, Gary and Song Ji Hyo to meet with the CEO of the broadcasting company.  They all agreed.  All of the cast members already knew how Gary felt about Ji Hyo but because of Ji Hyo's hesitation to be in a relationship with Gary, they felt her relationship with him was only going to go as far as on a friendship basis rather than a couple relationship.  Now that they both decided to go public on their real relationship, the cast would support them any which way they can.

The meeting lasted for about an hour.  When it was over, they all walked out with an expressionless look.  However, once they got in the elevator, they showed their true color when they all hugged Ji Hyo and Gary and said, "Congratulations!"  The CEO of the broadcasting company gave them their blessing to be together.  This made everyone in the elevator very happy for the couple.  When Ha Ha said that Gary should kiss Ji Hyo to commemorate this moment, it was Ji Hyo who turned to Gary and put her arms around his neck and kissed him in front of the cast.  They were shocked to see her make such a bold move when in the past she wouldn't allow Gary to do anything more than hold her hand.  Everyone was in such good spirits that they clapped and cheered her on.  It was Gary who pulled her in closer to him when she started to release her lips from his.  The cast could only look on as Ji Hyo and Gary shamelessly kissed each other for a very long time in front of them.

When Gary and Ji Hyo broke the news to the media that they were officially a real couple and that they have a child together, every music and entertainment industry wanted to schedule an interview with them to discuss details regarding their relationship.  However, it was Gary and Ji Hyo's request that if they wanted to have an interview with them than they would have to respect their wishes of not photographing their son for one year.  They had a high power attorney draw out a contract for the news media to sign if they would like to hold a private interview with the new found couple.  Gary wanted to make it clear that their son was going to be out of the limelight for at least one year.  If they cannot respect their privacy than they would have the right to sue their company for breach of contract.         

A lot of people signed up for this wonderful opportunity as it was major news that the beloved Monday Couple have finally confessed their love for each other.

It would take another week or two before Gary and Ji Hyo would give an interview to certain entertainment industries.  Their status as a celebrity couple quadrupled in the last few weeks, since announcing to the world that their relationship is official.  The news media were at a frenzy to snap pictures of the couple wherever they went.  However, they never had the opportunity to take a picture of them with their son.  Gary hired body guards to protect him and his family.  He installed high tech security cameras in Ji Hyo's home to make sure nobody would attempt to trespass their private property to take photographs of them, especially their son.  Although they granted several interviews with the media, they still wanted to make sure that once the interview was over that they would be granted privacy to be left alone as to be able to raise their child in a normal environment as possible, away from the hustles and bustle life of a celebrity.