The Proposal (Continued)

Stunned by his proposal, she sighed as she put her head down and shook it side to side.  She never looked back but kept walking forward till she reached the elevator.  Tears were running down her face as she stepped into the elevator.  When she turned around, to press the button on the elevator, Gary was standing outside. the open elevator door.

"Ji Hyo, please don't leave...I love you....I want you to be my wife."

Just hearing Gary say to her "be my wife" made Ji Hyo cry even more.  She put her hands up to cover her face.  Then the elevator started to close.  Gary stepped in and hugged Ji Hyo.  By the time they got to the first floor, Ji Hyo already composed herself.  She gently pushed Gary away from her before the elevator door opened.  Luckily there was nobody around to see the two of them get off the elevator. 

She walked out of his apartment building and headed towards her car.  He followed her.  When she got in the car, he quickly opened the passenger door and stepped in the car.

"What are you doing, Gary?"

"Ji Hyo, I love you...I've always loved you since you came on the show...I've never felt like this with anyone...I want to spend the rest of my life with you...."

Hearing his words, she began to cry again.

"We can't...it's too late...I'm with someone else....we're getting married."

Gary got out of the car and went around to the driver's side.  He opened the door, got on his knees and held Ji Hyo's hand.

"If you love this other person so much, then tell me it's over between us and that you stopped loving me," Gary said.

"I...I.." Ji Hyo stammered. She looked down at her steering wheel, lost and confused.  She didn't know how to respond to him.

Gary then took the keys from Ji Hyo.  He helped her to get out of the car and escorted her to the passenger side, where he buckled her up.  He then went back to the driver's side and stepped in.  Gary knew this was his last chance, so he was going to do whatever it took to win her back.  He drove them to his friend's house.  His friend gave Gary the key whenever he was out of town.  He asked Gary to check his house from time to time to make sure it was alright.  His friend's house was located just outside the city, in a somewhat remote area.

When Gary got there, he parked the car and gently escorted Ji Hyo inside.  Once inside, Gary took her to the couch and sat her down.

"Do you want something to drink?' he said.

She shook her head.

"Gary, I shouldn't be here."

He sat next to her on the couch.

"I know I hurt you...everything is my fault...I take full blame for messing up our relationship....if I wasn't so stubborn and set in my ways....I wouldn't had lost you....I was wrong....very wrong for not talking to you...I never stopped loving you...you were always the one for me." he said softly to her.

Ji Hyo got up and said, "Gary...you need to stop...as I said before...I'm with..."

Then Gary stood up and faced her.

"I know you're with someone else, but if you love him and you truly say it's over between us, then tell me...tell me that I mean nothing to you...tell me that you stopped caring for me...tell me that you no longer love me....look at me Ji Hyo and tell me this....if you don't want anything to do with me again...tell me and I promise to let you go."

He grabbed Ji Hyo's chin and had her look at him.

She looked at his sad, yet adoring eyes and said, "I..I.."