Protected (Part 2)-Sherlock

You walked into your house with your daughter in your arms. You shut the door behind you and set Cheryl down on the couch. You already knew what she was going to ask before she even opened her mouth to speak.

"Hungry?" You asked.

She smiled and nodded. You smiled back and went to the kitchen to go get her food. It didn't take that long to make it and you returned to the living room. When you stepped in you saw what you didn't want to. There was a man standing there, holding Cheryl. She saw me and I could see fear in her eyes.

"Mommy!" She screamed.

You grabbed one of your guns and pointed it at the man. You used to be in the military so you knew how to use one.

"Who are you and what do you want?" You asked, trying to stay calm.

"It's me y/n."

That voice! You knew you recognized it but the mask covering his face kept you from figuring it out.

"Took me a while to find you two after you left." He said.

That's when it hit you.

"Eddie." You mumbled.

"Glad to know you remember me." He said removing the mask, smiling.

You gripped your gun tighter, "I left because I found out about what you did! It was best for Cheryl." You said.

Eddie laughed, "Yes, letting we grow up without a father." He mocked.

"Let her go or I will shoot you." You threatened.

"No you won't." Eddie said and pulled out a gun, pointing it at Cheryl.

Your eyes widened but you never broke your stance. "You'd kill your own daughter?" You asked, shocked.

"And you'd kill your own husband."

"You're not my husband!" You shouted. "Not anymore." You said quieter.

"I won't shoot her if you come back with me." Eddie said.

"You're using her as a bargaining chip?!" You asked.

"More or less."

"I will never go back with you." You said disgusted.

Eddie looked as if he was thinking but you knew he wasn't. "I'll give you some more time to think about it." He said and pulled something out of his pocket after putting his gun away.

You saw a small object in his hand. He pulled something off of it and you knew what it was. A grenade.

"Can't have you following us."

He threw it towards you just as he exited the house. You had a very short amount of time before it would go off and your escape route ran through your head in about two seconds. You jumped to the side rolling into your bedroom which was about right next to you. You attempted to shut the door but the grenade went off sending a shockwave out and pushed you back. You hit your bed and fell off the side of it. Debris laid everywhere around you which was the last thing you saw before blacking out.

~Sherlock's POV~

My phone started buzzing and I checked it. DI Lestrade was calling so I answered.

"Hello?" I called.

"Sherlock, would you mind coming down to a crime scene?" He asked.

"Of course. Text me the address." I said and hung up.

Not too long after I got the address and rushed out the door. I called a cab and told him where to go. When I arrived, there were already police around. There was a house that had been blown up. I immediately wondered if there was anybody in there when it went off. Lestrade came up to me and started to explain everything.

"We don't know much but obviously the house has been blown up. We haven't really gone in yet cause we all just got here pretty much." He explained.

"Right then. I guess I'll pop inside and have a look." I said.

I started walking towards the front door when it opened and a woman stumbled out. I realized instantly that it was y/n y/l/n. She was clutching her left arm as she looked around.

"Y/n?" I asked.

Her eyes locked with mine and her face seemed to fill with relief.

"Sherlock Holmes." She mumbled.

"What happened?" I asked.

"He took her. He has her." She repeated over and over.

"Y/n." I said stopping her rambling. "Who has who?" I asked.

"My husband." She said and gulped nervously. "He has Cheryl."