Hit And Love (Part 2)-Mycroft

Requested
skylers_sherlock13

It had been three weeks since you had started working for Mycroft and everyday those butterflies in your stomach flapped harder and harder. You just couldn't stop them!  You had started with a crush on the man but it soon turned into more than that.  You loved him. It sounded so crazy to you!  You had never imagined that you would ever be in a relationship. Well, technically you weren't in a relationship but you hoped that it would happen. After a while you started to realize that you would need a lot of hope to have a relationship with Mycroft. Because you started to hear things from people around, or just John and Sherlock, that Mycroft was against sentiment.
When they had told you that it seemed to crack your hope a bit but not completely. Sherlock would always tell you that Mycroft really didn't care about you. You were just another secretary.  But no matter what people would tell you, it never stopped the love you felt for the eldest Holmes. One day, you decided that you would see how he really did feel about you.
You stood outside the door of his office and took a deep breath. You walked in and he looked up at you. You smiled and he smiled back.

"Good morning, y/n."  He said.

"Actually, that would be afternoon."  You corrected him. 

"Oh yes, I see."  He said looking at the watch on his wrist.

Then there was silence. You stood there awkwardly as Mycroft looked through the papers on his desk. Mycroft's eyes glanced up at you and he set down his papers.

"Do you need something, Miss y/l/n?" He asked.

"I just, uh..I wanted to ask you something." You stuttered.

Mycroft nodded, "Alright." He said.

You took a deep breath and then spoke.

"Umm, I was wondering, uh..about, because I was hearing things, and I just wanted to know...how do you feel about me?" You finally asked after rambling.

"Well you are a very nice woman and I couldn't think of a better person for the job I gave you." He said and smiled at you.

You felt as though that hit the crack with just enough more pressure that it shattered your hope.

"Oh. Okay." You said and turned.

Mycroft noticed that it had upset you and suddenly, as if someone had slapped him in the face, he realized why you had asked that.

"Y/n." He called and you turned back to him, your hope returning slightly.

There was a moment of silence where you both just stared into each other's eyes. Mycroft sighed.

"How do you feel about me? And I want you to be honest." He said.

You felt your blood run cold and you were sure Mycroft saw you pale instantly.

"Uh, well you are a very good boss and I uh..." You trailed off and after seeing the look on Mycroft's face you sighed, "Mycroft, I love you." You said.

Mycroft nodded and you felt like breaking down in tears. He picked up a paper on his desk and started reading it. You stood there for a moment before starting to turn to the door once again but stopped when Mycroft started talking.

"Are you doing anything this evening?" He asked.

You stopped and whirled around staring at him with wide eyes. You cleared your throat and shook your head.

"Uh, no." You said.

"Good. I will pick you up at seven." He said.

You suddenly felt the shattered pieces of your hope starting to reform as you stood there. You were now so excited but you decided to check and make sure you didn't have the wrong idea.

"Uh, for what?"  You asked.

"For dinner of course. You said that...you loved me and..well I-I feel quite the same about you."  He said and smiled.

There it was. That smile that you loved to see. You smiled back and held back your shrieks of happiness.

"Now, I have a couple of things I need you to do." He said and set down a few pieces of paper.

You nodded and snapped back into reality. 

"Right."  You said and grabbed them.

Just before you walked out the door you popped back in and smiled.

"Thank you Mycroft."  You said.

"For what?"  He asked.

"For proving to me that you aren't what everyone says."  You answered.

"What do people say?"  He questioned.

"That you would never love someone like me."  You responded.

Mycroft smiled and got up from his seat. He walked over to you and put his hands on your shoulders.

"Y/n, how could anyone not love you."  He said.

Your smile got brighter and you wrapped your arms around him. He was startled but soon he wrapped his around you.

"I love you, Mycroft."  You said.

"I...love you too."  Mycroft stuttered the words feeling new to him.

You laughed, "I know."  You said. "I know that now." 

"I always will, y/n."  He added.

And in that moment you never felt happier. You were loved by the man that everyone told you would never loved. It was the most amazing feeling ever!

A/n:  Wow!  I feel so active lately.  I feel like I've had a burst of inspiration and have just been writing more.  Hopefully it doesn't go away any time soon because I really do enjoy writing these. Thank you all for reading and voting for my imagines!  Hope you guys enjoyed this one as well! 😁❤️