Thanksgiving-Sherlock

~Your POV~

We have to do something." You argued.

"No we don't. There are much more important things that we could do." Sherlock said.

You rolled your eyes and crossed your arms.

"Why are you so against these holidays?" You asked.

"Because I don't see the point of them!" Sherlock shouted.

He was now standing up and towered over you. You stared up into his eyes, anger written all over your face.

"Fine! If you don't do this with me, then don't expect me to come along with you on your cases!" You said and stormed out of the room, anger and hurt filling you up.

You shut the front door and went down to John and Mary's house.  It was kind of often that you and Sherlock had an argument but you never really left the flat. As you arrived, John was walking out as though he was expecting you.  But he wasn't coming to take you inside, he was leaving. He just got into the car and drove off. You sighed and walked up to the door. You knocked and Mary opened the door.

"Hey y/n!"  She greeted.

"Hi.  Do you mind if I come in?"  You asked.

"Sure. Come in."  She said and stepped to the side to let you in.

You walked in and she brought you into the living room. You sat on the couch and began to talk for a while about stuff.

~Sherlock's POV~

I watched her run out of the room. She seemed so upset and angry. I seemed frozen and lost. I knew what I had to do, but didn't know how to do it. So, I called John.

"John, I need your help."  I said.

"Sure Sherlock.  What's up?"  He asked.

"It's y/n.  She just ran out of the flat. She seemed really upset because I didn't want to do anything for Thanksgiving."  I said.

"Oh my goodness, Sherlock. Alright, I'll come over. Give me a few minutes."  He said and hung up.

I paced back and forth around the room trying to figure out what I was going to do. I guess I was pacing for a while cause John knocked on the door. He walked in and sat down in his usual chair. I sat across from him and we began to discuss the arrangements.

~Your POV~

After a long while of talking, Mary got a phone call. She picked it up and walked into the kitchen. You sat there and just stared at the floor. A few minutes later, Mary walked back in.

"John said he needs us."  She said and grabbed her coat.

You moaned and got up.

"First we have to make a quick stop."  She said.

The cab drove all the way back to the flat and Mary told the driver to wait there. She pulled you inside and started going through your closet.

"Here, put this on."  She said throwing a dress at you. 

Without question you put it on and she dragged you right back out. She was also in a dress and you still had no idea why. The cab pulled up to a fancy restaurant and you stared up at it in awe.

"What exactly are we doing here?"  You asked.

"No time to explain. Come on."  She said with a bright, but completely suspicious smile.

You walked inside and the waiter brought you to a table for two. Mary was brought to the table next to it with John. You stared back in front of you at the empty seat in front of you.
The you saw him. Sherlock walked up to the table and sat down. He smiled slightly at you.

"Y/n..." he began.

"Did you set all this up, for me?"  You asked.

"Well, yes.  But John helped a little."  He admitted.

You smiled and walked over to him.

"This is amazing. Thank you."  You said and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Well, anyway. The reason I set this up, was to ask you, umm.  Y/n..."  he took your hand in his and then got down on one knee holding a box out to you, "will you marry me?"  He asked.

Your hand flew to your mouth as you gasped.

"Oh my goodness!  Yes!  Yes, yes, yes!"  You said.

Sherlock smiled brightly and slipped the ring on your finger. You wrapped your arms around his neck and cried.

"Why are you crying?"  He asked.

"I am just so happy, to have you as my fiancé. Cause this is the best thing I have ever had happen."  You said.

Sherlock smiled, "I still don't understand why you are crying if you are happy."  He said.

"Oh just shut up and kiss me."  You said and pulled him in.

As you kissed, everyone around you began applauding. You broke apart and stared deep into his eyes. This was the best day ever.