Far Too Long-John

You stood outside the address you had been planning to go into. You would walk up to the door, prepare to knock, but then walk away. You were so nervous. You began to walk away but then turned back to the big black door. It had been so long since you had seen him and wanted to see him again. Finally, you walked up to the door and knocked. You heard some shouting from inside and then some loud footsteps.
Someone was angrily stomping down the steps. The door opened and a tall, curly haired man stood there. He eyed you suspiciously, looking you up and down. You cleared your throat awkwardly and he looked at your face.

"I'm looking for-"

The man cut you off before you could finish. "Me, right?"  He asked.

"What?  Umm, no I don't think so."  You answered. "I'm looking for John Watson."  You said.

"Ah, yes. I see. Come on."  He sighed and trudged back up the stairs.

You walked into a flat and stood in the living room. The tall man motioned for you to sit on the couch and you did. You twiddled with your fingers as you heard two voices talking in the kitchen. A new man walked in and you looked up.

"Hello, I'm John Watson."  He said.

Your face brightened and you stood up. "John?"  You questioned.

"Yes, that's what I just said."  John replied.

"It's been a long time."  You said.

"I'm sorry, I don't fully understand."  He said.

You looked at him confused but the sighed, "I guess you wouldn't recognize me, since it's been quite a long time."  You said.

"I'm not sure I follow."  He said, still confused.

"John.  It's me!  Y/n!"  You said.

John's eyes widened and then he smiled. You smiled as well. 

"Oh my goodness!  Y/n!"  He exclaimed.

You ran into his arms and hugged him. You both laughed and broke apart.

"Sorry, who is this?"  The other man asked.

"Sherlock, this is my youngest sister,  y/n y/l/n."  John said his arm slung over your shoulder.

Sherlock looked from you to John then to you then to John. He continued this for a while until both you and John cleared your throats.

"So, are you two close siblings, or..." Sherlock trailed off.

"Umm..." John looked at you.

You seemed shocked that he would hesitate to answer.

"John!  We are close. Just cause it's been a couple years doesn't mean we aren't close!"  You said.

"But we don't even know what's happened with each other for those years."  John said.

"Yeah, but we're still close. It's not like with Harriet!  We get along!"  You said.

"I know. But I missed you a lot and I just..." He trailed off. "I went to Afghanistan and when I came back I didn't know where you'd gone."  He said.

"I know. But I only just know found out where you were. I saw you in newspapers and magazines and you have a blog too!  I found where you were staying and came immediately."  You explained.

"I guess it helps working with a famous detective."  John said.

"What do you mean famous?"  Sherlock asked from his spot. 

"You're everywhere Sherlock!  It's kind of hard not to know who you are."  You said.

Sherlock just groaned to himself and went back to doing whatever.

"Well, come on.  I want to know everything that's happened over these years."  John said grabbing his coat. 

You smiled and followed him out the door, leaving Sherlock Holmes in his mind palace. The two of you went out for coffee and talked about everything that had happened.