Happy New Year!-Sherlock

You stood in Sherlock's flat with John and Mary. You were all getting ready for the New Years party that you were going to be having. John and Mary were in the other room and you turned to Sherlock.

"Ready for tonight?"  You asked.

Sherlock let out a sigh, "I suppose."  He said.

"I'm ready for my New Years kiss."  You said and batted your eyelashes at him.

"What's the big deal about the New Years kiss?"  Sherlock scoffed.

"We're just welcoming the upcoming year with a kiss. It's not everyday that we get to enter a new year."  You said putting your hands on you hips.

"Ah, but you can kiss your love everyday."  Sherlock said.

"Very true.  But you can't kiss your true love at the start of the next year everyday."  You countered.

Sherlock huffed in defeat and sat down in his chair. You chuckled a little bit and sat down on his lap. He didn't resist but wrapped his arm around your waist. You smiled as John and Mary walked back in the room.
Soon after, people were filing into the flat.  Greg, Molly, Mrs. Hudson, Anderson, Donovan, and even Mycroft. It was a splendid party. You stood with some of them and got into the conversation. Sherlock stayed in his chair and remained quiet. You slipped away from the group and approached him.

"Sherlock?  Are you alright?"  You asked.

Hmm?  Oh, yeah!  I'm fine."  He said.

"You sure?"  You asked eyeing him.

"Definitely."  He responded, giving you an unconvincing smile.

You smirked and sat on the armrest of his chair. "I know what's going on here."  You said.

Sherlock cocked his head to you, "Oh, you do?"  He questioned.

"Mhm.  You are nervous."  You told him.

"About what?"  He asked.

"Not sure.  But I could take a guess and say it's about the New Years kiss."  You said.

Sherlock sighed in defeat and looked you dead in the eye causing you to laugh a bit. "What's so funny?"  He asked.

"Why are you nervous, Sherlock?  I'm your fiancé, you don't have to be nervous."  You told him.

"I know. But I love you so much and I don't want to mess anything up."  He said.

You smiled brightly, "Sherlock, everybody makes mistakes. I love you enough to know that no matter how many you make, I'll always be here for you."  You said.

Sherlock smiled, a very rare sight, and leaned in to you. You closed the gap between you all the way and pressed your lips to his. You pulled away and looked at him deep in the eyes.
You stood up and walked back over to the people talking. You felt someone come up behind you and you smiled, knowing that it was Sherlock. You leaned back against him and listened to the conversations.

***

You were all watching the clocks anxiously. It was 11:59 and fifteen seconds to midnight. Then everyone started to count down.

"10....9....8....7....6....5....4....3....2....1...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!"  Everyone cheered.

You felt Sherlock turn you towards him and pulled you close. You melted into him and you both kissed. When you pulled away you smiled.

"I thought you didn't understand what the big deal was about the New Years kiss."  You said.

Sherlock shrugged, "It's not everyday you get to kiss your true love at the beginning of the new year."  He said with a smirk.

You laughed, "Happy New Year, Sherlock."  You said.

"Happy New Year, y/n."

A/n: Happy 2017 everybody. We can finally kiss 2016 goodbye cause it is now in the past. Hope you all are having an amazing new year and thank you for reading my imagines.