Deduction Buddy (Part 2)-Sherlock

Requested by
MrsSpock

Deduction after deduction. Both of you were firing away trying to beat the other with what deduction you got. Some of them were really stupid though. Just something one of you picked up on. One right after the other. You then Sherlock.

"Drug addict!"

"Insomniac!"

"Workaholic!"

"Puppy lover!"

"I'm not the only puppy lover!"

The door slowly opened as a confused John Watson opened the door. Honestly, from the shouting he'd heard up here, he was a little frightened to come in. The shouts sounded angry but when he saw both of you, there were smiled on your faces.

"What is going on?" He asked.

Both of you whirled around and faced Sherlock's startled flatmate. You looked him up and down and then smiled.

"Hello, doctor. Don't mind us." You said.

John sighed and looked down, hands on his hips. "You're like him." He stated.

"Correction." You started, looking at Sherlock. "He's like me."

Sherlock gasped, "Hold on a minute. Mycroft was the on that taught us." He said.

"But I picked up on it first." You countered.

"Doesn't mean I'm like you."

"Well..." You shrugged. "You kinda are."

"Still, I'm better." He said, proudly.

You scoffed, "In your dreams!"

"So if I'm like you does that mean you're like Mycroft?" He questioned.

You rolled your eyes, groaning. "Oh gosh no." You said.

Sherlock smirked. John stared at each of you completely confused.

"Have I missed something?" He asked.

"Yes, yes you have. But I haven't missed anything, doctor." You said still looking at Sherlock. "Tell me, Afghanistan didn't go very well for you, did it?" You asked.

John chuckled, "No, it didn't." He then looked at Sherlock. "She's better." He said.

Sherlock looked slightly hurt. "I figured that out too." He said.

"But..." You started knowing that John would say that.

"But you weren't completely sure it was Afghanistan." He said.

"Ha!" You exclaimed, looking at Sherlock who seemed a little ashamed.

He sighed, "Alright fine! You're better than me." He admitted.

You smiled successfully and dramatically flipped your hair back. "Thank you very much!" 

Sherlock rolled his eyes but couldn't help the smile on his lips. He had this strange feeling inside of him after he had seen you. He remembered this feeling from when they were younger. He knew what it was, but he wasn't sure if he was ready to admit it. He stared at you. You were so beautiful!  The way your smile seemed to light up the room was incredible.  Maybe he wouldn't say it out loud but he knew he was in love with you.  He hoped that you loved him back.  He didn't even realize that you were looking at him and John was smiling.

"Sherlock!"  You nearly shouted, snapping your fingers in his face.

He blinked a few times and shook his head. "What?"  He asked.

"You were staring at me.  It was a little creepy."  You said.

He smiled awkwardly, "Sorry, I..zoned out for a minute."  He said.

You eyed him for a second but then shrugged, "Okay.  So I'm gonna guess that you didn't hear anything that I said." 

He shook his head, feeling quite embarrassed.

"Well, I was saying that I'm moving here."  You stated.

Sherlock cocked his head to the side, "At 221B?"  He asked.

"Not 221B."  You said shaking your head. "221C." 

John smiled at his friend awaiting his reaction.

Sherlock gasped, "Oh.  Oh!"  He said.

You nodded, "Yeah.  And just so you know, I bought the flat before I knew you lived here." 

Sherlock shrugged, "What does that have to do with anything?"  He asked.

You shrugged too, "I don't know." You said and then took a deep breath.  "So I guess we'll be seeing each other a lot again."

"Is that really a bad thing?"  He asked.

"Never said it was." You said.

Through the entire conversation, John Watson was smiling. He wasn't sure but he believed that the two of you were in love.   And the days following would prove his hypothesis correct.

A/n: Okay, so this one is going into a three parter.  Hopefully none of you are complaining about that. 😁 But anyway, thank you guys for reading. If you have made a request, please don't think I've forgotten about it. I will be getting to them as soon as possible. Thanks again for the reads and votes! ❤️