Detective Inspector (Part 3)-Sherlock

~Sherlock's POV~

I backed out of the room as y/n started to try and break out of the cuffs. Some of the policemen rushed in to restrain her and then bring her back to her cell. They dragged her out of the room and that's when she attacked. She broke out of their grasp, knocked both of them over, and knocked them out.

"Y/n." I said cautiously.

Her head jerked in my direction. I gulped nervously. Never had I ever seen anything like this happen.

"Y/n, this isn't you." I said holding my hand out in front of me.

"Y/n's not here right now, Sherlock. Just me." She said.

The way she said her words reminded me of someone else's voice.

"You recognize it. I can tell. You can put the pieces together I know you're smart enough." She said.

Then it hit me. The only person who'd ever say anything in that song song type of voice.

"Moriarty." I said.

"Did you miss me, Sherlock?" She asked, a smile playing on her lips.

"No, no, no. You're dead. Moriarty's dead." I said.

"Well, he might be dead. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't leave his work behind for someone to finish." She explained.

"Who are you really?" I questioned.

Y/n gave me a disapproving look, "Oh Sherlock. That's too easy. Sorry, but I can't give away my true identity, and neither can y/n since she has no clue that anything is happening right now." She said.

"No, y/n is still in there, I know it." I protested.

She just shook her head, "Refusing things is just going to get you killed Sherlock."

"I don't care." I said stepping forward a bit. "Kill me."

I held my arms out waiting for her to strike. She smirked and stepped closer to me. She picked up one of the officers guns and examined it. She looked right into my eyes and started to aim the gun at my head. Before she could pull the trigger, she screamed in pain and collapsed onto the ground. The gun slipped out of her hands. I stared at her confused as to what happened, but I had a pretty good idea.

~Your POV~

"I don't care." Sherlock said stepping closer to you. "Kill me."

He held his arms out and waited for you to strike. You smirked and stepped forward. This wasn't you though. You were struggling to wake up and take control again.
You grabbed a gun and examined it. As you started to aim it at Sherlock's head, you made it and took control once more. You saw what you were doing and pulled the gun down just as a horrible pain erupted in your head. You screamed in pain and collapsed. Sherlock looked down at you confused as to what had happened.

"Sherlock." You breathed.

He smiled, "I knew you were in there." He said.

He extended his hand out for you and pulled you up. You then reached your hand up to your ear and pulled out what looked like an ear piece.

"What's that?" He asked.

"I figured it out. This is what made me kill those people. It was the voice in my head." You said with a bright smile on your face.

Sherlock took it from your hands and then looked into your eyes. You knew that you had just seen tears present in Sherlock's eyes.
What you did next wasn't controlled by anyone but yourself. You propped yourself up on your tiptoes and kissed Sherlock Holmes. He wasn't expecting it but soon kissed you back. When you pulled away, you were both silent. The only thing heard was your breathing and his. But you hadn't realized that someone was watching until you turned your head slightly.
There stood your brother Greg Lestrade. His mouth was dropped open at the sight he had just witnessed.

"What just happened?" He asked.

"We solved the rest of the case." You said and placed the ear piece in his hand. "You're welcome." You whispered and walked away.

Sherlock told Greg something and you just barely caught what it was.

"Piece of advice, don't put that in your ear." He warned.

You smiled and let Sherlock catch up to you. He slung his arm over your shoulders and you slid yours around his back.

"Where should we go?" Sherlock asked.

You took a deep breath, "Let's go home."

"Where's home?" He looked down at you.

"Isn't it obvious?" You asked but he gave you the same look. "Baker Street."

"That's my home." Sherlock said.

You smirked and looked up at him. "Exactly."