Afghanistan-John

Your heart pounded as you braced yourself with your gun held close to you. You waited for the right time then turned around and fired at the enemy. You then heard something hit the ground close by you and you looked to see a grenade. You scrambled away as fast as you could and made it just far enough you wouldn't blow completely up. But shards from it still scraped your arms. The shockwave also sent you flying forwards a bit.
Your leg hit a rock and you moaned in pain. Gunshots rang out all around you. With your gun still in hand you turned back to the enemy and fired more shots. Then someone was hit in the left shoulder and you shot the shooter. As men rushed over to get the wounded man, you continued to shoot at the attackers from the other side. There weren't many more people left with you which made it all the more difficult. You made your way to a new position but on the way a sharp pain erupted in your stomach. You collapsed to the ground as blood began to spill out of your wounds. The last thing you remember was a bunch of people crowding around you and lifting you up, and then blackness.

***

You woke up in a hospital and bright lights shone into your eyes. You looked around you and saw the monitor next to you. Your heart rate was steady which was a good thing considering what had happened not long ago, or you thought it wasn't that long ago. A doctor walked in and smiled at you.

"Ah, I'm glad you're awake!" He said.

"Me too, I guess." You said eyeing him.

You began to move but felt a little bit of pain. Not as much as you were expecting but a little bit.

"Your wounds should be mostly healed." The doctor said.

"That doesn't make sense. I was shot not long ago." You said.

The doctor looked at you and sighed unhappily.

"I was going to wait a little bit before telling you but, you've been asleep for about a month." He said.

Your eyes widened and you looked down, straight ahead of you.

"I know it's a little shocking but...it may take a little getting used to." He said and patted your leg. "You should be able to leave soon. I'll have someone else come in and check on you." He said.

"Who?" You asked.

"Miss Molly Hooper." He said and left.

You continued to look around you, taking in all your surroundings. You were kind of relieved to be away from the fighting. Flashbacks of what happened ran across your mind and you shut your eyes tightly. The door opened again and a lady walked in.

"Hello." She said softly.

"Hi." You said back.

"Let's take a look at you, why don't we." She said.

You smiled as she began to examine you. She ran a few tests and checked your wounds. The door opened again and two men walked in. By what they were wearing you could tell they weren't doctors here.

"Molly. We need your help." The taller one said.

"Not now, Sherlock. I'm busy." She said.

The man huffed and looked at you. He stared at you for a moment and then turned to the man behind him.

"She was in Afghanistan, John." He said.

The other man, John, stepped forward and looked at you. He looked familiar but you couldn't put your finger on it.

"Wounded?" He asked.

"Shot in the stomach. Also almost blown up." You explained. "You're from Afghanistan too?" You asked.

He nodded, "I was an army doctor. Fought a bit as well." He said.

"Something happen?" You asked.

"I was shot as well, left shoulder." He said.

That's when it hit you. He was the man that was shot and you shot his shooter.

"I remember you! I saw you get shot!" You said.

"You did?" He asked.

"Yeah. I shot your shooter." You said.

"Oh! I think I saw you." He said.

"Wait. John? John Watson?" You asked.

"Yes. What's your name?" He asked.

"Y/n, y/n y/l/n." You said raising your hand to your forehead.

"Oh yeah. I remember you now." He said.

You smiled and was about to say something when you were interrupted.

"Molly, we really need your help." Sherlock said.

"One more minute, please." Molly said. "Okay, you're good. You are free to leave." She said to you.

"Thank you." You said to her.

You got up and felt a little dizzy.

"Woah." You said and put your hand over your forehead.

John came over and helped you stand straight.

"I guess I've been laying down too long." You said.

"I'd be happy to help you around for a bit." He offered.

"Thanks!" You said.

"Umm, would you like to get lunch or something?" He asked.

"I would love to. I'm starving!" You exclaimed.

You both left and Sherlock stood next to Molly.

"I guess I'll have to do this one without him." He said and looked down at Molly.

"Let's get what you needed." She said and walked out the hall with him following behind.

John took you to lunch and you were happy to spend the time after you woke up with him.