How About A Game? (Part 2)-Sherlock

You laid on the couch, arm slung over your eyes. This case had been difficult. Three weeks had gone by and you still had no clue where the murderer was. Two gunshots rang out but you didn't even flinch. Two more sounded and then stomping footsteps were heard.

"What are you doing?!" An angry John Watson shouted.

"What does it look like?" You asked sitting up and resting your head in your hand.

"I-I'm not quite sure what you're doing. I thought you were working on a case." He said.

"We were." Sherlock said from his chair.

"So you solved it?" John asked hopeful.

"What? No." You said.

"Then what are you doing?" John asked.

"It's been three weeks John and we've been doing nothing but working on the case. I'm pretty sure we're allowed a break." You said.

Then you heard two gunshots that planted into the wall behind you. You smiled at the detective across from you and he gave you a smirk. When you realized that John was still in the room, you dropped your expressions and went back to the blank face again. John took the gun from Sherlock and he sat up in his chair. You had stayed in Mrs. Hudson's extra room downstairs for these three weeks and hadn't bothered changing. You were in your pajamas with a robe over top. Sherlock had the same outfit on also. You sighed, laid back down, and put your hands under your chin in prayer position.

"Read me the evidence again." You said.

"Why should I read it to you?" Sherlock asked.

"Because I asked you to." You said.

"No you didn't. You said to." He countered.

You stood up and walked over to Sherlock's chair. You plopped into John's seat and stared at Sherlock.

"No matter. Every other time, you've gone first and we haven't figured it out." You said.

"So you're saying that maybe if you go first we'll figure it out?" Sherlock asked.

"It's worth a shot." You said.

"Good idea. Alright."

He grabbed the file that you both had made and started reading the evidence and background story. About half way through he stopped and your eyes shot open.

"The brother!" You both exclaimed simultaneously.

"He was jealous of his brother." Sherlock started.

"So he hired Moriarty to kill his brother but then the wife and children went missing." You added.

"Then he told Moriarty to find the rest of the family and kill them. Which he did." Sherlock finished.

You let out a shriek of happiness and jumped into Sherlock's arms subconsciously. You coughed awkwardly and began to slip out but he pulled you back tighter.

"Sherlock? What are you doing?" You asked.

He didn't say anything but you gave in and wrapped your arms around his back. A smile appeared on your lips and you knew he had one as well. You both heard footsteps and tried to pull away before they came in but was too late.

"Sherlock? Are you up here?" Mrs. Hudson called.

She saw you two look at her with innocent eyes and blushing. She smiled happily and clapped her hands together.

"I knew you two were perfect for each other when I saw the both of you walk into the flat together." She said.

You both looked at each other confused then back at her. "You mean when we were yelling insults at each other?" You asked.

"Yes!" She exclaimed throwing her hand down.

You and Sherlock shared the same confused expression. Mrs. Hudson just sighed and left. You still stared through the doorway after her, shocked at what she had just said. 
You hadn't even noticed that Sherlock had slung his arm around your shoulder. You looked down at it and then locked eyes with him. He had a smile plastered to his face which made you giggle.

"So what are we going to do now?"  He asked.

"How about a game?"  You suggested.

"What shall we play?" 

"Let's play deductions."  You said peaking his interest. "Deduce what I'm feeling." 

He smirked and looked deep into your eyes.  He made his deduction almost immediately, but not with words. He cupped his hands to your face and pressed his lips to yours. You slipped your hands up over his shoulders and kissed back. When he pulled away, you were silent for a moment before he spoke.

"How was that for a deduction?"  He asked.

"Best one I've seen."  You smiled. "What do you think John will think about all this?"  You asked.

"He already knows."  John said from the kitchen.

Both of your heads snapped over to John and you suddenly felt embarrassed.

"How long have you been standing there?"  Sherlock asked.

"I've been here ever since the 'How about a game?'"  John said in a mocking voice.

You glared at him but couldn't help the smile on your face. "I do not sound like that!"  You said and then started laughing.

You all burst into a fit of laughter and you couldn't be happier. And to think this all started with a hard case and simple deductions.