Anything But Ordinary (Part 4)-Sherlock

"So, you came from America with a new job at Scotland Yard. Somehow you just happened to get a flat downstairs and you have quite amazing deduction skills." Sherlock finished.

You nodded your head, "That is right." You confirmed. "Anything else?" You asked.

"Well, I did get some things earlier when I was down in your flat. You're family has no idea you are here and communications have stopped. You are a lot like me Miss y/l/n, except for one thing. You show more emotion than I do more...sentiment."  He said.

"I don't show as much as I used to."  You said.

"Something happened then. Something tragic.  You lost a loved one. But the loved one wasn't family, a boyfriend."  Sherlock said.

You nodded, choking back tears tears as you recalled the memory.  "Justin was a great friend and an amazing boyfriend. But he learned the hard way that drinking and driving didn't mix. And I learned the hard way that he wasn't who I quite thought he was."  You explained.

"I'm sorry."  Sherlock said.

You looked at his face and knew you saw guilt. You didn't know why until you felt the little drops of water dripping down your cheeks. He felt guilty about bringing up a sad story and was sorry about it.

"It's alright.  Love is something that I haven't had in a long time.  Well, since Justin actually."  You said.

Sherlock nodded and then looked out the window. You straightened up and quickly studied Sherlock.

"Alright.  My turn."  You said.

Sherlock turned around and faced you, ready for what was to come.

"You're a consulting detective whom Lestrade has called on when he is desperate need of help which I have figured out is always. You are a former drug addict and you've been trying hard not to go back to them. You use nicotine patches instead of smoking which helps you think.
You have a brother whom you dislike but he is constantly bugging you. He'd most likely part of the British government judging by the secret file that is on your table. You enjoy solving cases. They get you excited. But being a consulting detective means that you're one focus is on your work and you don't have any room left for sentiment or emotions."  You finished. "Did I miss anything?"  You questioned.

"Not a thing."  Sherlock stated.

You smiled brightly and felt a little proud of yourself. "You're a very interesting man Sherlock."  You said.

"You are quite the puzzle yourself y/n."  Sherlock returned.

"I try my best."  You said and turned around. "I'm going to my flat.  If you need anything just come and get me." 

As you turned around to close the door to Sherlock's flat, your eyes locked onto his and you saw a slight twinkle in his eye. You felt your cheeks heat up as a blush crept its way onto them. You shut the door and walked down the steps to your flat.
Sherlock stared at the closed door and suddenly felt something. Emptiness, loneliness, sadness. He didn't like these feelings but he knew where they were coming from. Sentiment. You had changed something inside of Sherlock that he needed. In his mid he wasn't sure if he was ready for this type of thing. But in his heart, he was ready to accept it all.