A Secret Admirer (Part 1)-Sherlock

You walked down the halls of the hospital with a file in your hand. You opened doors and poked your head inside. Finally, you made it to a room that you were pretty sure you'd never been in before. You opened the door and sighed in relief.

"Hey Molly."  You said.

Molly turned to you and smiled, "Y/n, come in."  She said.

You obeyed her orders and walked all the way in.  "I have that file you asked for."  You said.

Just as you finished your sentence the file was snatched from your hands. "Thank you."  A deep voice said.

"Woah woah woah.  What do you think your doing?"  You asked trying to grab the file back.

"I asked Miss Hooper to get this file. Apparently she asked you to get it and told you that she needed it, taken from your confusion when I took it from you."  He said.

"Okay?  Well then Mr..." You waited for him to give you his name but he just looked at you as if waiting for you to figure it out.

"This is Sherlock Holmes."  Molly told you.

"Oh!  The great consulting detective with no friends."  You said.

Sherlock walked past you and sat down on his stool. He flipped through the file and then looked at the other stuff he had lying around.

"Right, well, I'm gonna go get back to work."  You said turning around.

You ran into someone else and stumbled back a little bit.

"Oh, I'm so sorry."  The man apologized.

"That's alright. Excuse me."  You said and left.

You stopped outside the door though leaving it cracked slightly. You could hear what they were saying and it was about you.

"Who was that?"  The man you ran into asked.

"Oh, it was nobody. Just another ordinary idiot that lives around here."  Sherlock said.

"Idiot?!  Sherlock that's not very nice."  The other man said.

"Everyone is an idiot, John."  Sherlock said.

"Yeah, everyone but you, right?"  John asked.

Sherlock just turned back to his work and you walked away angrily. Never had you ever felt so insulted, and especially not by someone you just met two minutes ago. But for some reason you couldn't get the detective off your mind. Today wasn't one of the best days that had happened. You wished you could just forget this day ever happened but what happened the next day ensured that you'd never be able to forget.

***

You came into work and was a little bit early for your shift. You got straight to work though. You hoped to make this day better than yesterday, but you kept Sherlock out of your head, until he showed up.
You were walking down the halls to a different room when he brushed past you. You didn't realize it was him at first though.

"Excuse you."  You mumbled.

Then John came past apologizing. That's when you recognized them. You quickly turned around and made your way the other way. But someone grabbed your arm.

"Excuse me, y/n, but we were wondering where Molly Hooper was." Sherlock said.

"She's off today."  You said as quickly as possible.

"Oh, I see."  Sherlock said, "Could you possibly help us?"  He asked.

"Why would I do that?"  You asked coldly.

"Why wouldn't you?"  He asked.

"Because I'm just another idiot living around here."  You said.

"Were you listening in on us?"  Sherlock asked.

"Yes.  And I find that you insulted me, and it's worse that you were doing it behind my back."  You said.

"Y/n, I'm used to all this. I insult people all the ti-"

You cut him off by slapping him across the face. "I don't know how Molly can stand to work with a heartless man like you."  You said.

"Why don't you find out?"  He asked motioning you to come with them down the hallways.

You sighed, "Fine!  Just this once Sherlock Holmes."  You said.

You followed him down the halls and you could see out of the corner of your eye that Sherlock was glancing at you from time to time. You made it to the lab and he got to work. When John went to an area that was farther away Sherlock took an opportunity to talk to you.

"Listen, y/n. I know that you are upset at me but I want you to know that I am sorry."  He said.

You looked at him with unbelieving eyes, "Did my ears just play tricks on me, or did I just hear Sherlock Holmes apologize to me?"  You asked.

"You heard right."  Sherlock said.

"And why would he be apologizing to me?"  You asked.

"Because you are different and I realize that you are, in fact, not an idiot."  He said.

This caused a smile to form on your face. You had heard stories of this Sherlock from Molly but from all of them, it never dawned on you that he might be a kind, sweet person.

"I accept your apology and forgive you."  You said.

Sherlock then joined in smiling but then it faded immediately when John walked back in. You dropped yours too and went back to work. Obviously Sherlock didn't want John to see this side of him so, you were going to play along with it, for as long as he could keep it a secret.