~Chapter 17~

December

Perrie's POV
I sat in my room, starring at my black TV. It's been almost a year. A year since I broke up with Jade. I broke up with her because she cheated.

Trust me, there's been times I want to run into her arms and forgive her, but I can't. My mind won't let me. My body wants her, my mind doesn't.

Right now, it's snowing– hard might I add– and I'm just sitting here in my dark room, starring at the TV. How would I let my one true love get away from me like that? Why didn't I go with her or something? Why didn't I tell Kayla to back the hell off of Jade?

In a way... this is kinda my fault. Oh no.

*3rd person*

Jade is walking home and it's snowing hard. She doesn't have her car because her mam took it to the shop to get it repaired after Kayla took a ride in it.

She's halfway to her house when she spots Perrie's house. She runs to the front door and starts knocking frantically.

"RELAX! I'M COMING!" Perrie screams. After a few seconds, Perrie opens the door to a shivering Jade.

Jade's hair is covered in snowflakes along with her clothes. Her nose is red and she's shivering uncontrollably.

"Jade!?" Perrie says, shocked. Jade nods as her teeth chatter. "What are you doing!? Come in here!" Perrie says, grabbing Jade by her hand and pulling her inside.

She closes the door and gets a good look at her shivering friend. Even though Jade broke Perrie's heart, she's still her friend.

"Get these clothes off. Geez, Jade. You know you could've called me! I would've came and picked you up!" Perrie says, helping Jade pull her clothes off.

After they are done, Jade's just left in a t-shirt and jeans. Perrie grabs Jade's hand and leads her upstairs, into her room.

She walks into her bathroom while Jade stays in her room. She starts removing her clothes while brushing excess snow off of her body.

It's not like Perrie hasn't seen Jade's body, because she has. Many times, actually.

"Jade! Your showers ready!" Perrie yells. "Okay! I'm coming!" Jade yells back. She walks into the bathroom and up to Perrie.

"Can you unhook this, please?" Jade asks. Perrie nods and she turns around. Perrie unhooks Jade's bra and discards it to the dirty clothes hamper. Jade gets in the shower while Perrie stays in and examines herself in the mirror.

"Perrie?" Jade says. "Yeah?" Perrie asks. "Thanks." Jade replies.

When she gets out the shower and everything, there's a lot of awkward tension in the room. Perrie breaks the awkward silence and looks at Jade.

"So, how's it going with Kayla?" she asks, still hurt after all these months. "Perrie, we aren't dating!" Jade said, raising her voice.

Perrie looks stunned and hurt that Jade raised her voice like that.

"I'm sorry, but we aren't dating! I tried to tell you that she was about to rape me! I didn't want it, Perrie. I didn't. In case you didn't see it, I was crying! I tried to get you to come back, but you didn't! That gave me the chance to push her off of me! I tied to run after you, but you were too fast. I got yelled at by Jesy and Leigh-Anne. I got spanked by me mam because she knows what you've been through and she told me not to treat you like that at all! Perrie, I would never hurt you intentionally. Please believe me. I still love you and I know you do too. I can see it. Perrie, please."

She's practically begging the girl to take her back. And Perrie wanted to, she really did. But, something told her not to. Not now.

She shakes her head, tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry, Jade. Yes, I still love you with all my heart, I do. But, not now. I'm sorry."

By now, Perrie's crying along with Jade. The two don't like to see each other sad, so this is heartbreaking for the both of them.

"I-I understand. Just because of Kayla, I have to pay for what she did. I also have to pay for what Zayn did to you, right? One person cheats, everyone's the same." Jade said.

"Jade, that's not it at all!" Perrie says. "Then why won't you take me back? Perrie, I just poured my heart out to you. I don't know what else to say to make you believe me. I-I just want you back, Perrie. You're my everything. The last year has been Hell without you. I don't know how else to survive." Jade sobs, putting her head in Perrie's lap.

Perrie shakes her head at herself, mad at herself for breaking Jade. And most of all, not taking her back then and there.

Just hearing what Jade said about Kayla about to take her without her permission made Perrie's blood boil.

"Jade, you're my best friend, you know that, right?" Perrie asks. Jade lifts her head, her tear strained face making Perrie's heart break. "Yes." Jade says. Perrie wipes Jade's tears away and pulls her up.

"Just because you aren't my girlfriend now doesn't mean I'm out of your life. You're still my best friend and we will still hang out, just not in a romantic aura." Perrie says, stroking Jade's cheek.

Jade breaks down crying, extremely mad at herself for hurting Perrie, if she did.

"I-I think I should l-leave." Jade sobs, standing up and walking away. "No!" Perrie says, running after her.

As Jade is putting her jacket on, Perrie grabs her hands. "No! You can stay, I really don't mind. It's knee deep snow out there, Jade, don't go. You can stay here." Perrie says.

Jade looks at her with sad eyes. Perrie nods and Jade slowly takes her jacket off. "Cmon." Perrie says, grabbing Jade's hand. She pulls her into her room and hangs her jacket in her closet.

They sit on the bed and Perrie cuddles Jade, her leg around her waist and her arms around her neck. "I love you, Jade. I just can't take you back now." Perrie says before kissing Jade's cheek. Jade nods.

She has no choice but to accept the fact that Perrie isn't ready to take her back. Even if it kills her.