~Chapter 5~

A/N~ OK guys! I've changed it around. Jade is no longer a skater. She is now the caption of the Volleyball Team along with Jesy (who is the co-caption).

Perrie's POV
I'm in Italian class, along with Jade. I believe that's her name. "Your name is Jade, right?" I asked. "Yeah." she replied, smiling. "Perrie?" she asked. "Yeah." I replied.

It was very quiet after that. It felt very awkward. "Um. I should go. It's feeling pretty awkward." she said, standing up.

"Oh, don't go. I enjoy your company." I said. She slowly sat down after I said that. "Where is everyone?" I asked. "Getting ready for the game. Shouldn't you be too?" she asked.

"No. We aren't cheering today. The coach didn't want us to, so they're making the pep squad cheer at the game for us." I replied. "Oh." was all she said.

"I know what you said." she said after a few moments of silence. I started panicking and I just wanted to get up and run away.

"What'd I say?" I asked. "Her eyes are so beautiful and I just get lost in them." she replied.

My cheeks heated and became beet red. "Don't be embarrassed. I thought it was cute. Who was the 'her' you were talking about?" she asked.

"Um. I'm so embarrassed. Um. I was talking about-" "Perrie Edwards." someone said, cutting me off.

Jade and I both shifted our heads from each other to the door. There stood that roach looking potato looking arse, Zayn. Ugh!

"Zayn Malik." I said, standing up. "Jade Thrilwal." he said, shifting his eyes over to Jade. "Malik." Jade said, standing up.

"So are you two an item now?" he asked, teasingly. "No." we replied in unison. "We are just getting to know each other, as all." Jade said.

"I've only known her for a day. We aren't even good friends yet." Jade and I said in unison. "You're already acting like one. Saying things at the same time isn't just a coincidence, y'know." he said, slipping into the room.

I backed up slightly and bumped into a desk. I healed onto the ends of desk and looked up at Zayn, trying to be as brave as possible.

"Hey, Zayn. I think you should go meet up with your friends. I feel they are getting very lonely without you there. Especially Niall." Jade said, smirking. I looked back at him and he had a devilish look in his eyes.

He was about to say something, but Jade interrupted him. "I'm sorry. Are you going to say something? Don't test me, Malik. I have my ways in this school and you know that. So, I suggest that you go back to your friends. I don't want any trouble. Buh-bye." she said.

With that, he stormed out of the room. "Thank you." I said, letting out the breath I was holding. "No problem. Stopping him is my specialty. He's played a lot of girls." she said. "I know. That's why we broke up." I said.

"Oh yeah! I remember that! 'The Famous Breakup of Sophomore Year'. So tragic. We thought you were going to die. You two were the Power Couple." she said. "I was 'his main' as he said. Anyways! What are we now? I mean, we've been talking for over an hour now." I asked.

"I'm happy to say that we are very close to being good friends." she replied. "How old are you?" I asked. "16. You?" she asked. "16." I replied. "Are you going to go watch the basketball game?" she asked. "Nah. I'm just gonna go to the mall or something." I replied. "Maybe I can join you?" she asked. "Uh, yeah. I would like that, actually." I replied.

She started blushing and looked to the ground. "So uh. Do you want to leave now?" I asked. "Sure. I just have to text Jesy." she replied. "I have to text Leigh as well." I said. I quickly took out my phone and started to text Leigh.