~Chapter 8~

Perrie's POV
I smiled at the breakfast set in front of me. I didn't know she could cook. That's a plus because she can make me breakfast any time she wants. Or I want, it doesn't matter.

"I really, really hope-" "Jade, it's okay. Honestly. You can make breakfast. I don't mind. Well, didn't mind because this is past tense now and-" I got cut off by Jade shoving a spoonful of grits in my mouth. I swallowed quickly at the off guard movement.

"Not too much salt. Not too much pepper. Where have you been all my life?" I asked, plopping down into the chair. "I was here the entire time. You never searched hard enough." she replied. "Smart, funny, witty, and beautiful! You're all I wanted in a best friend." I spoke, resting my head on Jade's shoulder.

I don't know how, I honestly don't know how, but I think I'm loosing my feelings towards Jade. It's like somehow, I don't look at Jade as a future girlfriend. Looks like she doesn't see me that way either. She's just a really good friend.

***

We are done eating breakfast and Jade went to go get dressed. I just got done washing the dishes and I'm just waiting on Jade. We decided not to go to the park today. Instead, we're going to the beach.

She said she invited Jesy and told me to invite Leigh. So, I did. We told them both to meet at my place so we can all ride in Leigh's car. Jesy is walking here because she lives down the street and Leigh is driving here, obviously.

I have on my two peace and a white knitted sleeveless shirt on top. I have on my black sandals and sunglasses. I am ready to go.

"Ready?" Jade asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up and she was in a bikini. She had on long white knitted shirt over her bikini and it looked so hot.

"We have to....." I trailed off. Her mouth formed in an 'O' shape and she chuckled. "Right. We have to wait for Jesy and Leigh-Anne. Kinda forgot." she said. She sat down on the couch and started playing with her shirt.

It was silent and pretty awkward. Thankfully, there was a knock on the door. "I got it." Jade said. She stood up and opened the door. "Hey, Jeed." a familiar voice said. "Hey." Jade laughed, stepping out the way. The girl walked in and 'Jeed' closed the door. Haha. Jeed. I'll have to remember that one.

"Hi, Perrie." Jesy said. "Wait. You don't hate me?" I asked. "Gosh, no! We just got off on the wrong foot. I don't mean to be rude, but your friends are really mean. I just thought you were the same way." Jesy replied. "Oh. Well, you should know that I am totally nice." I said. She smiled and it made me happy.

The two girls sat down on the couch and we talked. "Hey, you should know we invited Leigh-Anne." Jade said. Jesy looked at me. "She's cool. Don't worry." I said. "Shouldn't she be here by now?" I asked.

I heard a car door shut and keys rattling. "There she is." Jade said. I stood up and walked to the door. I opened it and she started to walk up the steps.

"Hey, Perrie." Leigh smiled. "Hey. Jade and I invited Jesy. Is that cool?" I asked. "Totally. Jesy's cool." Leigh replied. "Cool. I'll get them." I said. She nodded and walked back to her car.

I walked back in the house and grabbed my bag. "Let's go." I said. I grabbed my house key from the hook. They followed swiftly behind me as I walked out the house. They walked out and got into the car. I walked back in the house, set the alarm, walked out the house, closed the door, and locked it.

I got in the backseat with Jade and closed the door. We all buckled up and Leigh drove off.

"Why didn't you guys join the cheer squad? I think you would've done great." Leigh asked. I sighed and put my hand to my face in embarrassment. "Don't mind her." I said. "No. I'm serious." Leigh said.

"We were going to try out at first but, the girls started messing with us because we're gay and we couldn't do it. So, we just joined the volleyball team." Jesy replied. I chuckled and looked at Jade. Her cheeks was pink and she looked down.

"Oh, please. The whole squad knows I'm gay and they never said anything to me. You guys would've been fine. They just did that because they knew you are better than them." I said. "Yeah. Two of the girls came up to me that day and was like 'Hey, don't let them join. They're like, gay and we don't need any gay people on our squad.' and I was like, 'So you're saying Perrie and I don't need to be on the squad?' then they just walked away. You would've been fine. They would've knocked it off. Trust me." Leigh said.

***

We arrived at the beach and it seemed quite empty. Only a few people were in sight. "Well, come on!" Jesy said, running down the boardwalk. We followed behind her and set up.

This should be fun.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! I honestly didn't have anything else for this chapter so I just stopped it there. I know you guys have been dying for an update and so, here is one.

If you have ideas for this book, please tell. I literally only have two ideas and they won't happen until father on into the book. So, if you have any ideas for like, the next few chapters please tell me. I will GLADLY use them!

Thank you guys so much for reading. I love you all so much! 😘💖