Emily 53.

Emily!

"Nicole put it down." I was in the clinic, for her regular check-ups, and not like the other babies sitting with their mums, she was running around ripping things off the notice board and smacking the play cups on the floor. She giggled and threw it and ran to me with her tiny legs, the energy in her really made me exhausted, sometimes I wanted to leave her somewhere for a few hours and get some sleep. I wanted to ask if she was okay, because I doubt she was.

"Nicole Miller." The doctor smiled. I got up and picked her up and we went into his room.

"Hello Emily, oo little Nicole, she's growing fast." He smiled, we both looked at him blankly.

"Anyway, I've got the test results back on her physical strength, and she's fine, she's eating healthily, and her muscles are strong,"

"Doctor, I'm drained, she's really hyper, I don't think it's normal, she can wake up at random times, 3:35 am and I have to get up and play with her or during the day she will become really stressed and scream." He laughed.

"Different personalities, was you like that."

"No."

"Her father?" I thought for a moment.

"No."

"Oh well! Children these days. You should watch out, she's gonna be a real strong kid."

"Mmm.." I looked at her she was at the other side of the room taking all the soil out of the plant pot. He watched her and smiled.

"Their favourite." He giggled. I watched this man, and was thinking how on earth couldn't he see this child was clearly no average 2 year old. At the age of one she could laugh like an average 16 year old. Started walking too early, and eats cerelac 7 times a day and never put on weight. She looked at me and grinned. Even when the doctor was going through her baby/toddler growth I couldn't keep my eyes off her, she was now putting the soil into the pot again, when she bent down her little legs did this funny thing, and I smiled. She started jumping and laughing. We both looked, the doctor laughed.

"Woo quite a laugh right?" He said shocked.

"This is what I mean, this is not normal."

"Oh I think you will find it is, a child here a few weeks ago, had a stronger laugh and was only 9 months. It's normal, she's a really happy kid, don't worry, just keep being the great mother you are and your fine." I smiled and nodded. I got up and she came running to me and hugged my leg. I picked her up.

"Come on Nic, say bye bye" She waved with her dirty hand at the doctor. He waved back and we soon left. I finally passed my driving test and got myself a car, I put her in her seater and got in and started driving.

"Hot!" She said. We were in LA's usual worst traffic for an hour and she kept saying she was hot.

"Ice cream?" I smiled. She nodded and smiled.

"Mummy ice cream, hot!" She laughed and banged the window. I had to do a u turn and go into the shopping street. I parked somewhere and took her out and we did a little mini girls shopping, I got her new shoes and beautiful summer dresses, and she would jump and grab a dress till it fell off the rack, she was really clever, people were always amazed by what she did.

"You like it?" I smiled. She nodded. I got her a teddy bear too, and we paid and I decided she needed some ice cream to calm her down. Three hours later we were back at the flat. Michael was there with Sammie, I could hear them upstairs. I cringed and went into the kitchen and let Nicole wonder about. I made dinner for Viv and Dale and watched TV with Nicole.