Emily 8.

Emily!

The next day I got a text from Denzel that there was barbecue at his and I could come along. I was thinking of not going, I didn't feel like it. I sighed and decided to go because it was him. I got ready and wore another dress with shoes, I put my hair up and added a little lipgloss and left. I got to his and didn't expect that much people, there was so many people outside, all his uncles just talking. They said hello to me and I smiled politely and went into the house. His mum was there and serving, she looked tired, all of her nieces and sisters were in the kitchen serving and preparing food.

?Emily, you alright mi love?? I nodded and smiled.

?How are you?? She smiled.

?Just fine sweetheart!?

?Good, hows it going??

?Not well, that thing Denzel decided to bring to my home as his girlfriend, don't do anything good here, instead of being the kitchen she's upstairs relaxing, telling me she geh back ache, what nansense!? I rubbed her back and took the tray off her.

?It's okay, I'll do it!? I smiled and walked away and served for over an hour. I took the tray back to the kitchen and said hello to everyone in there. They all hugged me and told me Denzel was upstairs. I went up and knocked the door and went in.

?Hi Den- Oh sorry!? I covered my eyes and went out of the room. That was awkward, I thought. I sat on the landing, going through my phone, and felt bored, I could have gone to the library. Denzel came out putting his T-shirt on.

?Hello beautiful!? He smiled sitting down. I stared at him like ?Why am I here?? He cleared his throat and I continued to stare.

?Erm, you alright?? He asked.

?Yes! Erm, I'm disturbing you guys I'm going to go!? I said looking at Candice who stood there looking unmoved by my presence. It was annoying I could tell.

?Bye Denzel, tell your mum I'll see her soon!? I smiled.

?Nahh wait!? He said. He looked at Candice. ?Aye stay there for a bit I'll be back soon yeah?.

?But like-? He gave her one look and she shut up and went to his room. I looked at him and sighed.

?What's the point I'm going home!? I sighed.

?Nah me and you will take a trip somewhere!? he grinned. I shrugged and went downstairs. He followed me and got his trainers and we soon left and we got in his car and he drove to some random area. He took me to one of my favourite places when we where in school, it was a bridge and we'd sit on the top and watch the train rush past. At first I was afraid but he gave me this confidence and the more time we spent there, the more time I liked it, I used to come alone when he wasn't around, just to remember his presents, that's how much I missed and loved him. But he's here now...

*?Denz where are we?? I said as I saw trains rush past. He jumped on the wall and turned around facing the tracks. I sighed and stood abit further, and looked on as I saw the deserted place. I just finished school, and Denzel picked me up, and brought me here. I leaned on the wall and he looked at me and told me to jump on.

?I'm scared.? I quietly said.

?Come on Emz, I'll protect you!? He winked. I smiled and shrugged.

?Cross my heart.? I sighed and jumped on the wall and slowly turned around. We sat in silence for abit and I fiddled with my hands. He looked down and slowly placed his hands in mine and I moved closer and we locked are fingers together. I put my head on his shoulder and it was quiet.

?That place looks nice init.? He pointed at this plain field in the distance. I smiled.

?It does. I never knew a place like this would be around here.? I said looking at it strangely.