Emily 5.

Emily!

*We were sitting in the living room watching TV, Grandma had gone to buy stuff from the shop for my birthday. I just turned 13 and I was spending it with her and Denzel.

?So how does it feel to be a teenager?? I shrugged and stared at him.

?I feel like how I did yesterday!? I giggled. He smiled and stared at me and touched my hair.

?You ever had a boyfriend?? I shook my head quickly.

?I don't like stuff like that!? I frowned and played with my fingers.

?You sure are different!? He laughed. I smiled.

?You been kissed before then??

?No!? I said. He nodded slowly and moved closer to me. I just looked down and fidgeted with my fingers. He bent his head down and I turned to him and he came closer to me and kissed my lips and I followed what he was doing. He pulled away after a few minutes and smiled.

?Now you have! Shh our secret!? He smiled. I nodded like the little girl I am and he held my hand.

?Your my best friend so I best get a lot of cake!? I laughed.

?Yeah you will!?

?Happy birthday!? He squeezed his eyes shut and I laughed. He made me forget the fact my mum and dad couldn't be there. *

The summer holidays were brilliant for once, every Thursday I'd go see my mum and dad's grave. I spent most of my time catching up with my art and spending time with Denzel. His mum had missed him so much, for his birthday she got him a new car, I just watched as he laughed. I hope he didn't drive that after 10, he usually drinks and does crazy things. The first time he got drunk this summer had to be the worst, and he wakes up not remembering a thing! All his friends were excited to see him, and all the girls had met him. They thought he was the greatest thing, ever. Hmm...

A week into college and I had got in touch with the home my grandma was in. I took down the address and they said I was very welcome to come and see her. I was over the moon. It was one of those days I was so happy. It was quite early and so I left for college and got there on time. I was happy through the whole day, but thinking of how Grandma ended up so far away and how her illness was taking over made me upset. I was quiet, I mean no one cared about what I had to say because it was complete rubbish and boring. I didn't talk about boys so my friends found it so boring when I talked about stuff. I usually just listen to them and not have a say. Michael, and some of his friends along with Denzel sat down next to us. He smiled at me and I smiled back. Everyone was so loud and I was sitting there thinking about my grandma.

?What's your name?? Denzel said.

?Candice.?

?Arr okay,?

?Ooo Denzel you like her!? Sam said laughing. Denzel laughed and Candice was smiling, they actually suit, she has a lot of talk about and Denzel likes someone who talks so they would be a great match. I got up with my book and was leaving.

?Bye.? I said. Everyone just carried on talking. I shrugged and walked out of the canteen, they never noticed I was even there, you get used to it when you've been treated like that your whole life. I kept myself to myself the whole day. After college I waited at the gate and saw Candice. I waved at her and she smiled.

?Hi?, I said putting my books away.

?Yeah hi.? She was looking for someone so I moved out of the way and sat on the little wall. The boys came out and she went up to them and started talking to Denzel. The started laughing and came towards us. The rest came and as usually everyone was talking. I stood next to Solange and Candice was going crazy.