Chapter Eighteen

Emilia's POV:

I couldn't sleep the rest of the night. So many thoughts filled my mind. I looked at the clock. 08:32. Dad most be awake now, and I need to talk to him.

I slipped out of the bed and got out of my room, making my way to my dad's office through the long hallway, passing doors to other rooms. I stood up in front of the door as I reached it. I knocked on it. "Yes?" He said. I opened the door. "Emilia? ¿Que pasa? (=what's wrong?)" He asked holding his cup of coffee. "Why are you up so early?" He asked, backing away from his Spanish back to his English. "I need to talk to you." I said as he took a sip from his coffee. "I tried talking to you last night, but you were busy." I said. He almost choked on his coffee. "You-" I cut him off. "Heard? Yes, sadly." I said.

"It's not what you think." he said. "You know what dad, you don't owe me an explanation." I said. "I didn't even want to talk about this. But whoever she is, I just hope she's as good as mom." I said. "Oh, mi hija(=my daughter)..." He said standing up from his chair and hugged me. "You know there is no one better than mom." He said. I just hugged him tight, and without even noticing, a tear fell down from my eye.

"I miss her daddy." I whispered, feeling like this little girl again. "Me too mi hija..." he said. "But she would like us to finally move on, after all these years. Wouldn't she?" he added. I nodded and wiped the few tears that fell down my cheek. He then let go of the hug.

"What did you want to talk to me about in first place?" He asked, returning to his seat behind the desk. I took a deep breath, calming myself down. "I want to get my case back." I said. "I want my job back papa. I want to finish this right." I added. He looked at me. "How can I know I can trust you?" He asked. "I'm the best one in the business, after all." I said. "And besides... I'm your daughter." I added. He looked at me, and I could tell he was thinking hard. "Ok Emilia, but on one condition," he said.

"If something is going out of hands, I'm going to revenge Mars." He said. I just nodded, not ready to give up on seeing him again.

Bruno's POV:

I woke up to a serious headache. I slowly opened my eyes. 'What happened?' I thought to myself. I looked to my left, seeing a pretty lady laying next to me, covered in a blanket and her curls bouncing. Memories from last night started to flash. Yet, Emilia still pops in my mind.

Suddenly, the sheets started to move. I looked to my left, seeing her eyes slowly opens. "Good morning." She smiled shyly. "And what a good morning it is" I smirked at her. She giggled. We were silent for a few seconds. "Last night was incredible." She smirked at me. "It was, huh?" I joked, smirking. She giggled. "You're funny Bruno." She said. I smiled. She glanced at the clock and sighed. "Damn, I got to get back home to get ready for work." She said, standing up and picking up her dress from the floor. "It's ok babe, have fun in work." I said. She smiled. "Thank you Bruno." She smiled as she put her dress on. "Call me sometimes." She smirked and left the room, following with the front door closing.

I took my phone and dialed Phil's number. Since he's the only one that knows about it, I have to talk to him. "Hello?" Phil's sleepy voice answered from the other side of the phone. "Hey man." I said. "How was last night? It better be good since you left me alone at the bar and I had to take a cab back home!" He said. I couldn't help but chuckle at his words. "It was fine." I said. "What is it now?" He asked. "Bad sex? Turned you down? Or happen to be a crazy fan?" He asked. I just shrugged my shoulders. "None of those." I said. "So what is wrong?" He asked. I just sighed. "You still thinking about her?" He asked. "Yeah... She just doesn't leave my mind." I said. "Listen man... Don't give up too soon ok? This girl from last night seems nice. Try to see her more. Maybe it'll work." He said. "Yeah... you're right." I said. "Good. Now I gotta go back to sleep before the kids will wake up and want to play." He chuckled. I giggled. "Goodnight man." I said and we hung up.

Maybe now, I can finally forget her...

-------------

AUTHOR NOTE:

Wattpad really pissed me off yesterday! I tried uploading this chapter and it said that it was uploaded, but then it deleted it! -,- I had to rewrite THE WHOLE CHAPTER! :<

I'm sorry if you got a notification that the story had been updated and got confused, hope you understand and will enjoy this chapter now! <3

Love,

Inbar <3