Chapter Twelve

Emilia's POV:

"He will probably let you out of here soon, right?" Bruno asked. "I can't know. He can keep me here for a while." I said. "Why aren't you just standing up in front of him?" He asked. "Bruno..." I said. "He's not a regular father. He is the head of the mafia!" I said. "If I disobey, he can hit me, not to mention he can kill me!" I said.

"I wanna help you." He said. "What?" I looked at him confused. "You can't stay in this place! It is too dangerous!" He said. "Bruno-" He cut me off. "Listen Emilia. I know I can't promise to solve all your problems, but I'll promise you won't have to face them alone." He said. That's the sweetest thing someone had ever told me. "Run away with me." He said. "I'll find you a shelter, I can take care of you! You'll be able to live a normal life! I'll put this horrible man in prison!" He said. "This horrible man is my dad!" I said. He held my chick with his warm hand and took a glance at my neck, to where my scar was. "Not a good one if you ask me." He said, looking to my eyes now. In some place, he is right. He trained me to be a criminal for my whole life. He abused me. He threatened me. The man that was suppose to protect me - had harmed me the most.

"Not so 'tough-girl' now huh?" he let out a smile as wiping the tear I didn't notice that fell down my eye. His smile and dimples were just making me feel weird, giving me a feeling I never felt before.

I only knew what lust was through this life...

Is that what love feels like?

We both leaned in. I closed my eyes and waited for his lips to touch mine, we were just an inch away when we heard a cough. I looked up to see my dad standing above us. Guess we never heard the cell door open...

I'm dead.

Bruno's POV:

"Veo a alguien aquí no aprendió su lección. (=I see someone here didn't learn her lesson.)" He said, giving a sarcastic-mad smile to Emilia. She just looked down, not even wanting to look at his face. I could understand that he was telling her something about what just happened. "It was my fau-" He cut me. "Knock it off, Mars." He said. "You don't need to protect her." He added. I actually do. From you. You filthy bastard! You call yourself a dad?? I wanted to say this out loud, but I didn't have the guts to.

"I think it's time for you to leave, Mr. Mars." He said. "Really? You let me go?" I asked. "Not that fast." He said. Two of his men that watched the door gave papers to him. "Remember what you need to do, Mars?" He asked. "20,000$ every week." He added. "How am I gonna give it to you?" I asked. "Cash." He said. "Every Monday on exactly 23:59 you'll hear a knock on your door and you'll need to give us a suitcase with the money." He said. One of the two men gave him a suitcase. He threw the suitcase in my direction. It was empty.

"Every week you'll get a new suitcase to fill money in it." He said. He took his hand through his jacket and pulled out a pen. He clicked it open and gave me the papers and the pen. "Sign those papers, and you'll be free to leave. If you won't give us the money in time... Bad things will happen to you, Mars." He said. He was about to leave but he stopped himself.

"Actually... I'm not done here." He said. He grabbed Emilia's hair and pushed her on the floor. She tried to get up but he slapped her hard, causing her to fall back on the ground. I stood up quickly. "What are you doing?! Stop it!" I yelled. I was about to go punch him when his two men grabbed me and held me down. "Let me go!" I yelled at them and struggled to get out.

I just left there, seeing her getting punched by her father...

And I couldn't do anything to stop it.