Chapter Thirteen

Emilia's POV:

I woke up on the uncomfortable bed of the cell to feeling something cold touching my face. I moved my face to the pain that hit me when it happen. "Stop moving Emilia, I'm trying to help you!" my little sister's voice, Lana, was speaking. I opened my eyes slowly, growling in pain as I opened it. Lana calmed me down. "Keep your left eye shut, it's busted." She said. I did as she said. "What happened?" I asked. "Papa hit you hard. You got unconscious." She said. Memories of what happened hit me. That's when I thought about him. "Bruno." I said. "Where is Bruno?" I asked. "Dad already sent him home. He signed the papers so he let him leave." She said. I felt sad. In some place I wanted him here with me. But I knew he is safer at his home. Safer then I will ever be.

"You have feelings for him don't you?" she asked. "Me? No. I don't have feelings for him. Why would I have??" I l lied. She just chuckled. "You do have feelings for him!" She said excitedly, proving a point. "I'm not!" I hushed her. "He's just nice to me..." I whispered. "So you kiss everyone who is nice to you the way you kissed him? In fact, if you do, you should be kissing me for helping you right now!" She said. "Alright alright!" I yelled. "Maybe... I have something for him." I mumbled the last part. "Ha! I knew it!" She was satisfied. "But there is nothing I can do." I said. "Dad will never let this happen." I added. "Are you kidding me?" She asked. "This is so perfect! You guys are the ultimate Romeo and Juliet! Hiding your forbidden love from your parents-" "We didn't do a great job at that." I cut her off with my mumble. "And beside, I don't think he loves me back." I added. A sly smile creeped on her face.

"Leave that to me." She said.

Bruno's POV:

Never in my life I thought I'll get kidnapped. Never in my life I thought I'll fall in love with my kidnapper.

I'm having the Stockholm syndrome.

Stockholm syndrome - a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them.

How did this girl, out of all the females in the world, got me like that?

Was it her ridiculously hot body? Was it her beautiful face with the devilish smile? Or was it because I felt pity for what she has been through?

I don't know what it is... I just know that I fell for her. Hard.