Nightmares

Anna

I jerk up in bed and look around. My husband is sleeping soundly next to me, he's safe... why do I feel like something's wrong? The feeling in my heart doesn't disappear. My mother senses are tingling... I quickly get out of bed, put on my slippers, and run out of the tent.

I dash into Lucina's tent, and I see her crying in bed.

"Lucina!" I shout.

Lucina looks up at me and cries even more. I run over to her and hug her "Lucina is everything alright?!" I ask.

She hugs me back and cries into my shoulder "M-mother!" She cries.

I pat the back of her head "Shhh, it's ok baby... mama's here..." I say.

Lucina calms down a bit "Mom... I-it was a nightmare... you and father... you were dead... again... I thought that I failed! I thought that I'd failed my mission!" She cries.

I hug her tight "It's ok... your father and I aren't going anywhere. We won't leave you. We love you." I say.

"M-mother... I love you too..." She says.

I smile, and kiss her head, making her giggle, like normal. "Are you better now?" I ask.

Lucina wipes away a tear and smiles softly "Yes. Yes, I am." She replies.

I stare into her sapphire eyes, she truly does have my eyes... "Would you like me to stay in here with you tonight?" I ask.

Lucina nods "Yes... if you don't mind." She says.

"Shhhh, just get some sleep. Mama won't let anything happen to you." I say. Lucina giggles, and lays down.

I brush her hair, and take a deep breath,

"Hush now my dear, sleep with no fear, I'm right here with you.... The shadows are not real, they're set by the moon. Hush now my dear, sleep with no fear, I'm right here with you... let the bright starlight be a guide to you..." I sing. Lucina gasps in surprise.

"Soon, the daylight, it will break through... So, be patient while I sing to you. The bright stars they shine... while I ease your cries in my arms where you rest... so sleep, you are safe." Lucina begins to cry and closes her eyes.

"Soon, the shadows, they'll disappear... so, you'll be safe, now do you hear? I'll stay by your side... I'll be your guide through the dark and.. unforgiving night..." I wipe away Lucina's tears and relax with her.

"Hush now my dear, sleep with no fear, I'm right here with you.... The shadows are not real, they're set by the moon. Hush now my dear, sleep with no fear, I'm right here with you... let the bright starlight be a guide to you..." I finish. I smile as I see Lucina's chest rise and fall in an even rhythm.

I kiss her forehead "Goodnight Luci... I love you.

__________________________

I promised angsty fluff, so I delivered! I've always had a headcanon that Lucina had frequent nightmares, and her mother would be the one to calm her down. That, and I also wanted to have a special little moment between these two! I also wanted Anna to sing her lullaby to Luci, cause why not. I WROTE IT AND IM PROUD OF IT!!! Thank you all for reading, and I hope you look forward to more!

Currently listening to: Watching for Comets: Skillet