Original: Chapter 14 - God I hate that bitch

Noah's POV:

We arrived back at the apartment shortly after Sophia had fallen asleep and I gently shook her arm to wake her but it was no use, she stirred but remained asleep.

I got out of the car walked to the other side lent over her and unbuckled her seat belt, I then placed one arm under her legs and the other behind her back and lifted her out of the car carrying her bridal style to the elevator.

She had opened up to me so much back at the club and I comforted her- something I have never done before to anyone.

I entered the apartment and took Sophia to the closest bedroom, which happened to be mine and laid her down on the bed. Although she wasn't heavy I had to put her down because I received a text from Trevor.

Your fiancé is so drunk she won't get in a cab, I'm taking her to a hotel across from the pub and I will take her home in the morning.

-Trevor

I clenched my jaw, this is turning out to be exactly like 2 years ago, but one thing is different this time. I don't actually love Brooke, I care for her but I've never loved her and neither had she me.

The only reason we are still together is because this is the only way I can buy her fathers company, if we are married it is given to us for a cheaper price, and I was okay with that..until I met Sophia that is. Single handedly Sophia has changed my attitudes towards everything. If I was in this same position- engaged to Brooke and hadn't met her I would not have cared about how I am getting the company and who I am hurting in the process.

I glanced over at a sleeping Sophia who was on my bed. I know she didn't have a choice in it because she was asleep but it made me happy knowing she hadn't woken and gone back to her room which meant that I might get the chance to sleep next to her. 

I padded over to my drawers and pulled out one of my shirts and then went over to Sophia. I contemplated undressing her and then redressing her but decided I couldn't betray her trust and gently whispered in her ear to wake her.

She fluttered open her eyes yawning in the process and looked at me with her big brown eyes.

"Here's a shirt you can change into" I said handing her the shit and watched her struggle to remove her dress. "would you like some help princess?"

"Yes please" she replied slightly slurring-obviously she was still drunk and I helped her lift the dress over her head getting full view of her perfect body but I was careful not to stare repeatedly telling myself I was still engaged, even if I didn't love Brooke.

Once I helped her back into clothes she laid down and went straight back to sleep. I walked out of the room turning off the light and pulling the door closed slightly so I could keep an eye on her while getting on with some work since it was still quite early.

At around 1 am I was struggling to keep my eyes open so I decided to go to bed. I entered my bedroom being startled by Sophia forgetting she was in my bed, but I brushed it aside and stripped out of my clothes leaving just my boxers and got in next to Sophia already feeling the warmth from her body which made me shiver.

Even though I was exhausted I struggled to get to sleep because of the angel sleeping next to me. As I turned from my side to my back Sophia instantly turned her sleeping body to face me and rested her head on my chest causing me to momentarily stop breathing. Eventually I managed to relax but all I could think about was how close she was to me, it was like she needed me to protect her.

Sophia's POV:

I woke up feeling slightly disorientated. Where was I? I felt something hard under my head, scared to open my eyes I slowly opened my eyes keeping them to a squint. I gasped then tightly held my mouth closer to prevent any further noises escaping unconsciously. I was laying on Noah's bare chest in his bed! How did this even happen I screamed at myself, did I....Oh no please tell me I didn't! I know I was slightly drunk but I would have remembered such a big thing.