Original: Chapter 7 - Is he on his period?

I pulled the blanket around myself and went exploring around the apartment. There were at least 14 doors all leading to rooms I didn't even know existed. I opened all of the doors to see what was inside. There were some rooms with various things in; some had musical instruments, some had game consoles and some just had nothing except furniture covered with white sheets. There were at least 6 other bedrooms and none of which had any bedding so I knew that neither of them were Noah's.

There were only 2 doors which appeared to be locked, but only one had a lamp on which I could see from under the door and I heard shuffling.

"Noah..." I whispered and knocked on the door just as he had "...Now you're not the one talking to me, please open up."

Is he on his period or something because I can't handle these mood swings, I've only known him a couple of days, and now I am going to be around him 24/7 for God knows how long.

I know that it's no use, he regretted the kiss and now hates me because I kissed him back. How could I have been so damn stupid, I could lose my job because of this! I turn around and make my way back to my room to sleep this off. As I do there is a click and the door to Noah's room opens. He is standing there with a phone to his ear talking but gestures for me to enter.

I do cautiously not knowing the sort of mood he's in, and stand by the end of his bed. This room is the same as mine except slightly larger and more decorated. At first glance it looks the same, but once I took in all the details I could see that there are small touches to the room which reflect Noah's personality. The bedding is black and the walls are a dark grey colour matching his mysterious personality.

There are a couple of small trophies, obviously from his high school days just like in his office placed in a cabinet, next to the television which hung on the wall. There were also some ornaments of dolphins which looked like they cost a fortune placed on the glass shelves.

I remembered one of my friends from when I was really young was obsessed with dolphins. We would always pretend that we could glide through the ocean just as elegant and graceful as they can, they are such amazing, beautiful mammals.

"Yes... fine... send her to my office tomorrow, and tell her I have a proposition for her" Noah said into the the phone then cut it off.

Noah placed his thumb and forefinger onto the bridge of his nose, closed his eyes and then breathed in deeply. After a couple of seconds he re-opened his eyes and looked straight at me.

The time now was a bit after 4 am but I wasn't tired, and neither was Noah by the looks of it. He just sat on the end of the bed near me looking at the blank TV.

I don't know what I'm doing here, I should be asleep right now. I have to get up in a few hours for work,  but I like being around Noah even when we aren't talking, even when he's obviously annoyed at me for no reason.

A hand slithered around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "I'm sorry" Noah said softly, sorry for what I don't know.

"Why did you suddenly get up and run from me?" I asked

"Because Sophia, I have a girlfriend..." Noah said. He has a girlfriend! Now I feel like running, but I can't I'm paralysed by my own stupidity. How did I forget! I mean he is the most eligible bachelor in New York he is bound to be wanted and flirted with by almost every single woman in the country. "...And I shouldn't have kissed you, you're my employee"

"Then why did you?" I say regretting it instantly, do I really want to know the answer?

"Why do you think...huh? You were sitting there in nothing but you're underwear and you expect me to just not try and make a move. I'm a guy, what do you expect" Noah spat, his words really hurt me. Now standing he began to run his fingers through his hair frantically pacing up and down the room. I thought that he genuinely liked me, but I was wrong again.

"What is with you and 'I can't control myself' You are a grown man, of course you can. You are not a damn child!" I yelled, standing in front of him preventing him from moving.

"Well you kissed me back so you're just as much to blame if my relationship falls apart!" He screamed, again hurting my feelings. Suddenly I had a massive revelation. He is engaged, that's why this is worse for him!

I stood up and stalked out of the room "Where are you going?" Noah demanded

"To sleep" I sighed, whether it was in relief or in frustration I couldn't tell. "Good Night sir"

"Good night" Noah said, this time he didn't complain when I called him 'sir'.

What an eventful night. I slept that night dreaming the different outcomes of our encounter and each time they ended with me losing my job and being homeless.

I went into the en-suite one I awoke the next morning, which was attached to my room and took a hot shower. I need to cleanse myself of all these horrendous events this past few days.

I got out the shower feeling clean and refreshed and changed into my work uniform which was neatly folded on a chair in the corner of my room. I went into the kitchen and ate a banana as I wasn't that hungry and waited until it was time to leave. As I live closer to MKT I only have a short walk which will save me a lot of money since I don't have to take the bus, which is about the only advantage to living here.

"Good morning Sophia" Noah said as he walked into the kitchen wearing his work suit. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes thank you" I nodded keeping my distance from my boss.

"We are leaving in 5 minutes, so please be ready" Noah said while buttoning his cuff links.

"Oh ok" I replied and grabbed my phone and purse from my room, I guess another advantage is getting a lift to work.

I cleaned the office once again today, it's not even dirty but at least it gives me something to do to keep my mind off of the events of last night, and I'm earning money so I shouldn't complain. I go into the restroom to clean it, since I didn't get around to it yesterday. I begin cleaning but was startled by a woman's voice in Noah's office.

I put my ear against the restroom door to see if I can hear who it is.

Noah's POV

"Hey baby," Brooke giggled kissing me on the cheek and I rolled my eyes at her gesture.

"Hi," I replied and sat down at my desk "So I've been meaning to talk to you about something."

"Can you maybe get straight to the point, I have a waxing appointment," She said, why am I with her, we don't even care about each other. Oh yeah I remember it's all a publicity stunt.

"So anyway, I have a gala coming up this weekend for the kids cancer charity. You're my date?" I asked.

"Baby, you know I have the fashion week in Paris, and I'm leaving tomorrow" Brooke said, and I had to hide my excitement, I can ask Sophia to come with me instead, whether she will say yes is a whole other story though. Especially after the way I treated her last night.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I completely forgot," I lied and rubbed the back of my neck. I may have pretended to forget so Sophia can hear, I know she is listening from the restroom.

"I can stay if you need me to attend with you" Brooke offered but I refused to let her stay. After all she needs to be there, it's her job.

"When I get back, don't forget I'm staying at yours since it's closer to the airport and I have a night flight" Brooke reminded me. This will not go down well when I tell her Sophia is living there at the moment.

We said our goodbyes and I got back to work. A couple of minutes later Sophia came out of the restroom and moved around awkwardly. I sit there watching her every move, she walks gracefully around my office dancing to the music she was listening to through her earphones.

I know that I shouldn't but I can't help it, I feel drawn to her; the only thing is I can't do anything about it especially when I'm still with Brooke whom I don't even love.