Original: Chapter 17 - The boat house

Sophia's POV:

As I neared Noah and the rest of his family I felt my stomach turn inside out, I was so nervous what am I going to say to him. Do I just come right out and say something like 'Noah I really like you and I want to be with you' the same thought circled through my mind again, what if he doesn't feel the same. I know he said he liked me but that could just be as a employee or a friend.

When we walked back in all 4 of their heads turned to face us, and by us I mean me. I walked over to where Noah was and sat next to him where I had been sitting before. Noah leaned over to my ear whispering "are you okay?" I said yes but he didn't let it go. "Are you sure, you just started crying" 

"I don't want to talk about it" I replied sipping my lemonade. I sat there listening to Noah discussing business with his parents and twiddling with my fingers occasionally glancing around the room. I caught sight of Kelly who was doing these weird head movements trying to be discrete but it failed when Mrs McKenzie caught on, well kind of "Kelly are you having those neck spasms again, would you like me to massage it?" 

"No mother I am fine" Kelly said angrily through her teeth at Mrs McKenzie

"Don't speak to me like that or I will send you to your room" She threatened and Kelly's face dropped

"You can't do that I'm practically an adult!" She protested crossing her arms now shouting

"An adult who still lives under my roof so you will do as-" Mrs McKenzie shouted back but was then cut off by Noah "I'm going to show Sophia the garden and the boat house" 

"Okay, be careful the forecast said it was going to rain today and a possibility of a thunderstorm" Mr McKenzie informed as we walked out of the door. 

"We'll be fine" Noah said grabbing an umbrella from the stand just in case we do get stranded in the rain. Noah slid his arm around my waist and guided me along the winding pathway which led to the lake at the bottom of the garden. At either sides of the pathway there were beautiful plants and flowers of all different colours and varieties. 

"So this is where I grew up after the age of 8 I think" Noah said gesturing to the grounds. This must have been an amazing house to grow up in. Imagine all of the hiding spaces when playing hide and seek, and the garden is huge its like the size of 2 football fields. 

"So now you know where I grew up, how about you tell me about your childhood?" Noah said as we walked towards the large building I'm guessing was the boathouse. 

"Well there's not really much to know, I had a mother, father and brother and we grew up in a decent sized house. Of course it was nothing like this house but it was home, you know?" I said closing my eyes for a couple of seconds remembering my family and all of the memories we shared. 

"Why are you talking about them in the past tense?" Noah asked staring ahead of him

"My mother, well she passed away when I was young and ummm... then my Brother he-" I started but was cut of by Noah "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to" 

I stayed quiet as we continued to walk to the boathouse. I could tell by Noah's expression that he was curious but I didn't have the courage to tell him what happened to them right now, and I'm grateful that he hasn't pressed me to tell him, he really is a good guy. 

"After you" Noah said holding the door open to the boat house, I entered through the small wooden door and gasped at the beautiful sight, the whole inside was wooden- the walls and ceilings were panelled with wood and there were 2 large openings where water crashed against the flooring where 2 jet skies were housed in one and the other was a small motor boat.