Original: Chapter 29 - Hangover

Waking up with a hangover is definitely not any fun, the killer headaches literally make me want to pull all my hair out. I need to find some tablets and fast. I glance over at the clock on the bedside table, 11:45, I can't believe I slept in, let alone got drunk and broke my promise to the McKenzies. 

Urgh, Noah was here too that makes everything even worse; but he cares about me. I mean that is what he said, whether he meant it or not is another story. Why else would he say it if he didn't mean it. This constant cycle of thought went round and round and round my mind while I tried to sleep after he left, I thought I finally got it out of my head! 

I head to the bathroom attached to the bedroom, I showered in an attempt to scrub away my stupidity from last night's spiked drink and I let the cool waterfall over my head and shoulders as a way to relax, before leaving the bathroom and changing into leggings and a hoodie. 

I then headed from the boathouse to the mansion to wake Kelly and Jack. I swear if I find either of them in bed with a member of the opposite sex I will go crazy. What if Kelly gets pregnant? I am supposed to be the responsible one and not let anything like that happen to either of them. 

"Kelly? Jackson?" I yelled as I entered through the door which led into the kitchen. 

There were teenagers sleeping everywhere, some crashed on the sofa, others on the floor and some even slept on top of the counters. There were red solo cups scattered everywhere, luckily all those I could see were empty otherwise I would wake these kids up right now and get them to clean the whole house from top to bottom.

I padded up the stairs into Kelly's room to see her in bed, without anyone else, fortunately. I bet she will have a killer headache when she wakes up so I grabbed a cup from her bedside table, went into the bathroom rinsed it and then filled it placing it beside her with a couple of tablets and then doing the same for Jackson in his room. Both respected mine and their parents wishes and didn't get up to anything with anyone else last night, well I don't think so anyway, maybe they really are good kids, not the partying time. 

I left the room and headed back downstairs and began to clear up, throwing all of the cups into the trash. After 10 minutes the only place that was clean was the patio outside, this is going to take forever. 

"Good morning," Noah said walking into the kitchen dressed in a pair of black jeans and a t.shirt. 

"Hi," I replied and continued to clean attempting to scrub a stain off of the floor, what even is that? "Care to help?" I asked Noah and a small smile formed on his face. 

"I'd rather not, why are you doing it anyway?" He said leaning against the door frame. 

"Who else will do it?" I told him and scraped cups off of the counter into a trash bag. 

"Them," He pointed around the room to the sleeping teenagers as if they would voluntarily clean all of the mess. No chance in hell would they.

I laughed at his seriousness, "what you think they would willingly help clear up? Don't be so stupid."  

Noah laughed, this was one of the first times I'd seen him properly laugh rather than just a chuckle. "We'll see about that, come," He said and I followed him through the hallway to the garage. 

I stood at the door while he searched around for something in multiple boxes. 

"What are you looking for?" I asked walking closer to him to peer into the box. 

"This," He pulled an air horn from the box and showed it to me. He then handed me a key and I looked at him confused.

"What am I supposed to do with this?"